Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my 2013 FLHRC, sad to say

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 09:50 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,942 Likes on 2,164 Posts

FaceBook Marketplace is another option.

Here are a few 2013 Road King Classics listed by private sellers around Lexington. They all look to be in excellent condition and all have been listed "over a week ago."

12,300 miles $12,500
12,361 miles $12,299
24,000 miles $12,500
14,000 miles $10,000
4,800 miles $14,000

Old 04-18-2019, 10:25 AM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 835 Likes on 370 Posts

Sounds like you should trade in for a trike

Old 04-18-2019, 10:33 AM
Bingee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 349 Likes on 222 Posts

I like the Craig's List as the best place. It's free. Buyers will be sort if local so they can see the bike in person. That's a big plus. The original dealer is also local who maybe serviced the bike. And you're near a fairly well populated area with plenty of bikers. The '13 RKC's are fairly popular since they have all the pluses of the '09-'13 series bikes, still retain the "classis" look, not offered in the US since 2013. Just make sure to write up a nice detailed description of the bike and include sharp color accurate pictures. Then price the bike leaving room for negotiations. NO need to say "or make offer". Just be patient. You should get at least somewhere $12,000 to $13,000.Also don't forget to advertise it on this forum!
Good Luck

Last edited by Bingee; 04-18-2019 at 11:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mctraveler (04-18-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 10:46 AM
Steve N,
Road Captain
Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

I just want to say that I am so sorry that your health is forcing you to sell/give up your pride & joy and all that goes with it. I wish you all of the best in dealing with your issues and hope that your health improves going forward.
Take care,
Steve

Old 04-18-2019, 11:05 AM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 589 Likes on 308 Posts

Have you thought about trading it in on your trike? You would save sales tax on the equity applied to the new purchase,

Old 04-18-2019, 01:41 PM
KYBill
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Guys I really appreciate all of the responses and suggestions. My health deteriorated significantly in the past year so its impacted many areas of my life. While my dream would be to keep the Road King or move to a Freewheeler or Triglide, my budget is going to be somewhere in the $13-15k range total, if I can clear $10-11 for the Road King. I’m good for maybe 90 minutes out of the house for health reasons so unable to continue in my career any longer either, significantly reducing my income. Not complaining, it could have gone FAR worse for me.

Ride height is now going to be a factor for me on anything I ride. My initial thought was no, but now some of you have me wondering if lowering my own bike might be an viable option. It wouldn’t resolve my balance issue or strength but maybe it would be more secure when stopped. I need to maybe put a 2x4 on each side of the bike when parked and see how well I can rock the bike a bit or get on and off. A pair of 12” shocks would be a lot cheaper than selling the bike. If I wait to sell I might gain a riding season but possibly not have enough residual value left to sell the King and go to another ride later, especially if my health deteriorates further.

Still, something to consider

But I’m now also chewing hard on the idea of simply lowering my King. If I installed 12” shocks and went away from the Hammock seat I might gain 2+ inches though still not sure if my balance would be ok or if I could get enough knee bend to maneuver the bike.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:31 PM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 589 Likes on 308 Posts

I'm not I'm not saying this particular model or seller is the right one for you, but this style of trike might be for you.

http://www.saferwholesale.com/Outlaw...iABEgL9DvD_BwE

Old 04-18-2019, 10:01 PM
KYBill
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Endeavor Heritage Reverse Trike Conversion

I actually did look at something similar, which bolted on/off fairly readily. Its a good suggestion. I had concerns about those style trike kits for my situation as I ride mostly rural country roads which are not always maintained well, are often off camber, and I am a heavy load. Those kits in turn led me to Frankenstein trikes, California sidecars trikes etc etc and I ćoncluded that a nice replacement swingarm style with independent suspension and a reverse gear was what I need but still too expensive. I looked into the landing gear ver 2 and that also seems like a good product for certain applications but I’d probably put them “down” while sitting in a pothole.. I just want to ride and not have to worry about the efficacy of the conversion.

I did find a cool conversion from Endeavor, the did a nice (IMO) reverse trike conversion on a Heritage Softail. But their at $11k plus shipping both ways. Definitely a conversation starter and one of a kind ride though.

Old 04-18-2019, 10:10 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

You haven't said how many miles your bike has on it. I'm learning a huge lesson about that right now. There are thousands of low mileage Harleys for sale. The beauty in my sig pic has 55k miles on it. I can't get anything for it. I can't even get an offer. I'll take $13k, which is almost $5k below retail. Nothing. I'm probably going to have to sell it to RumbleOn, and take whatever they'll give me. I asked my dealership, where I've bought the last two new Harleys, if they'll buy it or allow me to sell it on consignment. I'm paraphrasing their answer: "Oh, hell no."

I wish you the best of luck. If your bike is low miles, you should be fine. Hope your health still allows you to enjoy three wheels for a long time to come.

Old 04-19-2019, 05:01 AM
GOV5
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,450 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Why not see if you can get your bike lowered, which will make it much easier to lift? Or swap for a Softail?

Never buy or sell used to a dealer, including consignment. You will take it sans lubricant. I have had very good luck with Craigs; both buying & selling. No test rides unless cash in hand first. Accept NOTHING but cash for payment.

When the time comes that I can no longer handle my ride, I will go for a convertible 'Vette. Not into the trike thing at all. Maybe a Can-Am, but that's about it.
Could you explain the steps of a "CASH" sale that you have done on a $14000 bike? I'm interested in exactly how this was handled. $14000 is a LOT of cash money to be caring around to pay someone at the point of sale. I know I wouldn't want to do it if the seller told me that was how it was going to be done. I would pass on the bike and wish him good luck. I would look at those terms of sale to be a scam...one where I would be help-up for the cash I was carrying, and see the thieves riding away in their car with my money in their hands.

So that's why I am asking how you do it...safely.

Quick Reply: Selling my 2013 FLHRC, sad to say