Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my 2013 FLHRC, sad to say

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 06:45 AM
fatchoppers
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Facebook market place

never sell for trade in price unless you really looking for quick sale.

my opinion

Old 04-19-2019, 07:14 AM
09fitz
Road Captain
Received 291 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by GOV5
Could you explain the steps of a "CASH" sale that you have done on a $14000 bike? I'm interested in exactly how this was handled. $14000 is a LOT of cash money to be caring around to pay someone at the point of sale. I know I wouldn't want to do it if the seller told me that was how it was going to be done. I would pass on the bike and wish him good luck. I would look at those terms of sale to be a scam...one where I would be help-up for the cash I was carrying, and see the thieves riding away in their car with my money in their hands.

So that's why I am asking how you do it...safely.
I go and look at the bike, equipment, whatever first with no money in hand. Gives me a chance to check out the item and size up the seller/situation, etc.
If we come to terms I come back with another person (usually my brother) and the cash. Once the bill of sale is written up, title (if applicable) is signed
and item is loaded if trailering I hand the seller the cash. This has worked for me but I haven't bought anything more than a couple hundred miles from me.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:35 AM
Rob175
Road Warrior
Received 637 Likes on 388 Posts

When I've sold big ticket items, for cash in the past, I've simply gone to the buyer's bank with the buyer and have a bank check cut. A bank won't cut a check unless they first secure the funds up front from the buyer's account, so you know the check is good (as long as you're present to witness the transaction). I usually handle smaller expensive items at the police station. The police are happy to offer their lobby for such transations and...it's safer!

Old 04-19-2019, 08:12 AM
Steve N,
Road Captain
Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by KYBill
Ride height is now going to be a factor for me on anything I ride. My initial thought was no, but now some of you have me wondering if lowering my own bike might be an viable option. It wouldn’t resolve my balance issue or strength but maybe it would be more secure when stopped. I need to maybe put a 2x4 on each side of the bike when parked and see how well I can rock the bike a bit or get on and off. A pair of 12” shocks would be a lot cheaper than selling the bike. If I wait to sell I might gain a riding season but possibly not have enough residual value left to sell the King and go to another ride later, especially if my health deteriorates further.
Still, something to consider
But I’m now also chewing hard on the idea of simply lowering my King. If I installed 12” shocks and went away from the Hammock seat I might gain 2+ inches though still not sure if my balance would be ok or if I could get enough knee bend to maneuver the bike.
A low profile seat and the 12" shocks will certainly get you that 2" lower, and it might make a huge difference (1" was a big difference for me). While you're considering that option, you might also want to consider adding a reverse gear if it would help you out. Motor Trike has one that's not overly pricey ($15-1600) and is pretty simple to install.
http://www.motortrike.com/trikeReverse.aspx

Last edited by Steve N,; 04-19-2019 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:55 PM
Chuck U. Farley
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck on getting something to keep you in the wind. I've got to ask, is your quote by Pepi Marchello, is this the same Pepi Marchello of the Good Rats?