Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another New Ride- 2019 SGS Baraccuda Silver.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 01:22 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts
Default Another New Ride- 2019 SGS Baraccuda Silver.

Saw the post by troopin and thought I should do the same. I purchased my new ride during Bike Week here in Florida from Seminole Harley on 3/12/19. Took it out the door and around the otherside of the building to let the Custom Dynamics Vendor do his thing. Then rode it over to the vendor area at Destination Daytona to have the suspension work, slip-ons, and Pin Striping done. The suspension work was necessary right away since I'm short and need the bike to be lowered so I could ride it comfortably. I had the Reversing pulley istalled and it is proving a very wise investment allowing me to back this big bike up. I don't have to worry about parking inclines.

Took it back to Seminole Harley the following Saturday to pick up the accessories I had ordered with the bike and have a couple of the Items dealer installed. Since then have been odering and installing a lot of H-D and Aftermarket parts. The final back ordered Saddlebag Black Hinges and Latches just arrived the day before yesterday. I know it's a long list but the following is provided JFYI, for those who might be interested:

2019 FHHXS (Street Glide Special) Barracuda Silver w/ Black and Red Pin Striping by Brody

The following H-D items were purchased with, and included in the price of, the bike (*dealer installed):
Reach Two-up Seat*
Auxiliary Passing/Turn Signal Lamp Brackets and Buckets (Black)*
Touring Passenger Footboard Brackets and Footboards (Black)
Saddlebag Guard Rails (Black)
Quick Disconnect Docking Hardware (Black)*
Detachable Touring Two-Up Tour-Pac Rack (Black)
Color Matched King Classic Tour-Pak w/ Passenger Backrest
Tour-Pak Latch and Hinge kit (Black)
Infotainment Hidden Antenna Kit*
Locking Latches for Detachable Rack

The Following H-D items were purchased and installed separately:
Saddlebag Latch and Hinge kit (Black)
Air Wing Tour-Pac Luggage Rack (Black) w/ LED Smoked Lens Light kit
Polyurethane Handlebar Riser Bushing Kit
Batwing Reach 1.00 Inch Diameter Handlebars (Black)
Switch Wire Extensions
Right Handlebar Switch pack w/ PTT and AUDIO buttons
Wireless Headset Interface Module (WHIM)
Wireless Headset Interface Module Harness
Boom! Audio Bike-to-Bike Communications Kit (CB Radio Module)
AM/FM Antenna Relocation Kit (Installed to replace poorly functioning Hidden Antenna previously installed by dealer)
CB Antenna Relocation Kit w/ separate CB Antenna Cable
Boom! Audio Shorty CB Antenna
Boom! Audio Shorty AM/FM Antenna
Fairing Plugs (For Fairing Mirror Removal)

The following aftermarket Items were purchased and installed separately (*vendor installed):
Suspension Technologies 11 Inch Rear Shocks and 1 Inch Shorter Front Shocks*
Suspension Technologies Revering Pulley w/Compressor and Switch*
Magnaflow 4.5 Inch Hitman Slip-on Mufflers*
Custom Dynamics ProBeam LED Head Lamp*
Custom Dynamics ProBeam LED Passing Lamps*
Custom Dynamics ProBeam Dynamic Ringz Front Turn Signal Inserts w/Smoked Lenses*
Custom Dynamics ProBeam Rear Turn Signal Inserts w/Smoked Lenses*
Custom Dynamics ProBeam Dual Intensity LED TriBar w/Smoked Lens*
Custom Dynamics ProBeam Fillerz w/Smoked Lenses*
Custom Dynamics LED Curved License Plate frame (Black)
Custom Dynamics Bagz LED Saddlebag Lights w/ Smoked Lenses (Black)
Custom Dynamics Antenna Hole Plugz w/ Smoked Lens
Custom Dynamics Magic Strobe Brake Light Flasher*
Kuryakyn Lower Triple Tree Wind Deflector (Black)
Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/ Throttle Boss (Black)
Kuryakyn Heavy Industry Oval Mirrors (Black)
Softbrake Reduced Reach Clutch Lever (Black)
Freedom Shields 8 Inch Clear Recurve Wide Touring Model Windshield
Ciro Frame Mounted Adjustable Highway Peg Mounts w/ Kuryakyn Pegs
Ciro Large Perch Mount Drink Holder
Ram Large X-Grip Phone Holder w/3” Double Socket Arm and Brake Perch Base
DK Custom Products External Breather System w/ Black Catch Can
Barbaren Shift Linkage (Black)
Mutazu Large Circulator Seat Pads
Grasshopper Removable Backrest
Captain Itch Custom Leather Crotch Cooler
Hopnel Black Classic Saddlebag Rail Pouch (Set)
J&P Cycles Helmet Lock (Black)
Rumbling Pride Flag Mounting System (set of 2 mounted on custom made brackets) w/ 6x9 American Flag and 6x9 Florida State Flag

A Dual Pack of H-D Boom! Audio 30K Bluetooth Helmet Headsets compatible with the Boom GTS WHIM module installation was also purchased to complete the system.

The Boom GTS Infotainment system had to be “Flashed” by Dealer Service in order for it to recognize the Installed WHIM and CB modules.

I have not done anything with the stock Speakers yet, but I am considering adding a Hogtunes upgrade kit including an Amp and speakers. However, for now I prefer to listen to my tunes through the Helmet headsets. I'm hard of hearing and normally wear Hearing aids, but not while riding. With the headset speakers I can hear the Music, Nav Directions, CB and Intercom quite well, even a high highway speeds. Yes, the volume is turned way up. I should point out that with the WHIM and the H-D Boom! Audio Headsets, the sound is much improved over my Sena 10 that I previously used to pair to my Phone to and listen to my Sirius/XM.

Here are a bunch of Pic's with the Tour-Pak on and off:

With Tour-Pak.

Without Tour-Pak

With Tour-pak. Note the custom made flag staff brackets attached to the rack.

Without Tour-Pak. BTW, I used very inexpensive metal conduit hangers I found in Lowes to mount the Flag Staffs on the docking posts. I painted them black and changed the nut to a wing nut to make them easily removed when I want to install the Tour-Pak.

CD LED Headlight. Passing Lamps and Turn Signal

All the CD LED rear lighting. The major thing I did not like about the Street Glide was the lack of rear lighting...not even a Tail Light...Duh!

The riders view with the 8" clear Freedom Recurve Windshield and the wide oval Kuryakyn Mirrors. The Windshield does a great job and you can't beat the view to the rear in those mirrors. If you look close you might just be able to see the plugs used to close the holes where the Fairing mounted mirriors were mounted.

The right handlebar switch pack now includes a push-to-talk button for use with the CB. It is a switch pack for prior '19 models, but works on the '19. Just has the wrong symbol on Infotainment return button. I know what it does so it does not bother me. BTW, the red wire is the power to my phone from the connection located inside the little cubby compartment.

I carry my kick stand puck, that I picked up at the vendors during Bike Week, in the left side pouch that hangs on the saddlebag guard. I can reach it while sitting on the bike. The colaspable orange handle stick has a mgnet on the bottom that lets you position the puck and then pick it up while sitting on the bike. Works good. I guess it is worth the $20 I paid for it.

And lastly, I sprayed both the Yellow reflectors on the front forks and the red reflectors in the saddle bag hinges with Transparent Black Automotive Plastic Lens Tint. The reflectors still reflect but the bright yellow and red reflectors are not very noticable during the day. Looking at this pic, I just noticed I forgot to order the black perferated brake covers to replace those chrome looking ones. I guess you really can never say that everything is done!

For more information regarding the installation of a WHIM and CB on a '19 SGS I did a more in depth write-up at: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...e-special.html

Hope some might find the forgoing information of interest.

Last edited by FrankEV; 04-24-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:12 PM
RK_Classic
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,555 Likes on 2,512 Posts

Looks good, Have you totaled up all your accessories up yet?

rk classic.

Old 04-24-2019, 02:34 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Originally Posted by RK_Classic

rk classic.
I skimmed the list and even I don’t want to know how much is totaled up there lol.

Old 04-24-2019, 02:37 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RK_Classic

rk classic.
I know it is a lot, so lets see (not included with price of bike):
The Suspension & reversing pully was a little over $3000 (money well spent)
Slip-ons $650 (Not real loud, but a better low rumble over stock)
CD lights $1800 (Got to see and be seen)
Pin Striping $950 (I know - EGO mod)
WHIM/CB/30K headsets plus all needed parts $1500 (used Surdkye and saved about 20%)
Handlebar and riser bushings $250 (necessary to make my ride more comfortable)
Windhield $120 (absolutely a must)
Mirrors $150 (necessary after the HB change)
Misc Items, Say $300.
Total:$8720...Probably closer to $9000 but Its the way I like it.

The following users liked this post:
Pix (04-24-2019)
Old 04-24-2019, 03:27 PM
Tarkus60
Road Warrior

Received 303 Likes on 218 Posts

Man...Dear Santa please.....

Old 04-24-2019, 04:22 PM
crazytown
Road Master

Received 548 Likes on 319 Posts

Well....it's beautiful! What else can I say? The pin-striping makes it though. Love it. Congratulations!

The following users liked this post:
04ctd (04-25-2019)
Old 04-24-2019, 04:59 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 273 Likes on 202 Posts

Nice! How about black front axle nut covers??
Curious how you'll like the WHIM and 30K headsets. I just ordered that same setup and will install next week. I've never once used the CB other than testing it a couple times. There are times I wished I had reverse..although it makes me more diligent on finding the right parking place.
Enjoy your new ride!! Beautiful!

Old 04-24-2019, 08:40 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by '14 Limited
Nice! How about black front axle nut covers??
Curious how you'll like the WHIM and 30K headsets. I just ordered that same setup and will install next week. I've never once used the CB other than testing it a couple times. There are times I wished I had reverse..although it makes me more diligent on finding the right parking place.
Enjoy your new ride!! Beautiful!
The WHIM and 30K headsets work great. Just note that, eventhough the CB shows up on the Boom GTS screen, it does not exist in the Fairiing. Along with the WHIM the CB module must be added. Please read my other post write up I noted in my earlier post https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...e-special.html It tells you everything you must buy to install both the WHIM and CB.

EDIT: Jusst noted you are riding a '14 Limited. I do not know if the CB module is alreeady installed or not.

Last edited by FrankEV; 04-24-2019 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:59 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 273 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
The WHIM and 30K headsets work great. Just note that, eventhough the CB shows up on the Boom GTS screen, it does not exist in the Fairiing. Along with the WHIM the CB module must be added. Please read my other post write up I noted in my earlier post https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...e-special.html It tells you everything you must buy to install both the WHIM and CB.

EDIT: Jusst noted you are riding a '14 Limited. I do not know if the CB module is alreeady installed or not.
Ya, the ‘14 Limited came with a CB. Not many riders use CB’s anymore; especially now with the distance we get out of this new Bluetooth technology. As I said, I’ve never really used it because hardly anyone I know and ride with has them.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:47 AM
Steve N,
Road Captain
Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
I know it is a lot, so lets see (not included with price of bike):
The Suspension & reversing pully was a little over $3000 (money well spent)
Slip-ons $650 (Not real loud, but a better low rumble over stock)
CD lights $1800 (Got to see and be seen)
Pin Striping $950 (I know - EGO mod)
WHIM/CB/30K headsets plus all needed parts $1500 (used Surdkye and saved about 20%)
Handlebar and riser bushings $250 (necessary to make my ride more comfortable)
Windhield $120 (absolutely a must)
Mirrors $150 (necessary after the HB change)
Misc Items, Say $300.
Total:$8720...Probably closer to $9000 but Its the way I like it.
You're a brave man to total it up. I hope that you're not brave enough to show your wife the total, lol. Looking at your #1 post,,, I was thinking that if you hit 'Enter' a few more times, you could buy more stuff ha ha. Enjoy the heck out of your new ride Sir.

Quick Reply: Another New Ride- 2019 SGS Baraccuda Silver.