Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bitubo 13” shock review

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 02:12 PM
GregGillette
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by GregGillette
Shocks came in yesterday, time to do some wrenching. Good looking product and seems to include everything I need. Preset sag with 5 threads showing and rebound at about 3. Note that this setting is a sliding scale setting, not just 1, 2,3 etc.
Was a bit surprised that box came all taped up but then duh, its opened new and setup then re-packaged so don't be surprised like me.

Attachment 598211
Attachment 598210
Attachment 598209
I got some good riding time in this past week to give my review: big thumbs up! I have not changed anything in the provided settings and solo rides great. Just did a 120 mile 2 up ride and 30lbs of stuff and was pleasantly surpised that these ate up the country road heaves and bumps without issue again. I could tell my wife was ready for the jolts as she would start to load up on the legs but it wasnt there. I cant compare to anything other than my stock air shocks and the previous fail on the Progressive 412s, but these are keepers for sure.

Old 06-02-2019, 07:30 PM
GregGillette
Road Master

Just to add; straight up asked her how the ride was now, I got a smile and a "Wonderful!" so that solves that ☺

Old 06-18-2019, 04:13 PM
Sarsippius
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Just finished reading this, and many other, threads/reviews on the Biturbo. 'm going to order a package from DK Customs and get the FST fork kit for the front. Does anyone know if DK offers a discount to HD Forum members?

Old 06-18-2019, 06:57 PM
penmaker
Road Master
Received 441 Likes on 220 Posts

If you call them they'll usually give you shipping for free.

The following users liked this post:
Sarsippius (06-18-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 03:12 AM
rugglesxx
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GregGillette
Shocks came in yesterday, time to do some wrenching. Good looking product and seems to include everything I need. Preset sag with 5 threads showing and rebound at about 3. Note that this setting is a sliding scale setting, not just 1, 2,3 etc.
Was a bit surprised that box came all taped up but then duh, its opened new and setup then re-packaged so don't be surprised like me.

Attachment 598211
Attachment 598210
Attachment 598209
Hi, I'm interested in these shocks for my 2019 FLHRXS. Could I ask what you've fitted these to? Also, in the first picture I can see the 8 spacers but what are the 2 other larger items for?

Cheers, John

Old 07-08-2019, 04:31 AM
GregGillette
Road Master

Originally Posted by rugglesxx
Hi, I'm interested in these shocks for my 2019 FLHRXS. Could I ask what you've fitted these to? Also, in the first picture I can see the 8 spacers but what are the 2 other larger items for?

Cheers, John
Mine is a 2013 FLHTC ElectaGlide Classic. If you are referring to items in the bag, there are 4 additional larger spacers if need to shim the shocks further out. Mine were not needed.

The following users liked this post:
rugglesxx (07-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 04:55 AM
rugglesxx
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks!

Old 09-23-2019, 04:43 AM
PhillySoldier
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Have had my Bitubo's for a bit more than a half year now. Absolutely love them. DK's pre-setting of everything has worked out great so far. Would definitely recommend.

Having not had to mess with the adjustments yet though leaves me with a question that Im hoping to get some advice on. I have an upcoming long trip Im going on. 1,500 miles round trip, 2-up and a weeks worth of gear. Should I make adjustments for the trip? Softer for the long ride, firmer for the extra weight or leave as is?

My shocks were preset on the firmer side for more aggressive; mostly local riding.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:32 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

What I do with mine is load the bike up and try to measure the sag difference between loaded and unloaded and adjust the preload accordingly. If need be I might set the damping adjuster a notch higher if it needs it. I always carry the wrench in the tool bag and if I need to change it I can mid trip. It doesn't take long to adjust them.

On a side note my wife is really picky about the rear end of the bike. She had back surgery and doesn't like to be jostled around. I usually bump everything up for the trip to where ever we are going fully loaded and then back it off once we are there so riding around she is back to where she likes to be. That is way more than I would do if I were solo.

Old 10-04-2021, 02:50 AM
Tagg
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, just seen your post, I am looking at upgrading my 2019 streetglide special shocks to make the ride more comfortable when hitting those big bumps at high speed and was told to look at bitubo among others, there are also a piggyback WBT7 version but not sure if the resevoir would fit in behind the hard panniers. So overall are you happy with these shocks ( do they have a model No?), I am also considering Nitron NTR R1 shocks, any info much appreciated, cheers from Australia.

Quick Reply: Bitubo 13” shock review