Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   What enhancement would you like to see Harley add to its Touring line? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1284931-what-enhancement-would-you-like-to-see-harley-add-to-its-touring-line.html)

Redlegvzv 05-21-2019 09:09 AM

What enhancement would you like to see Harley add to its Touring line?

I have been riding a Touring bike (2018 Road King) for just over a year (up from a Fat Boy) and my question is: what feature would you most like to see HD add to its Touring line? I will lead off with:

1. Reverse gear -- for helping get the bike out of certain parking situations.

Others?

Sturgis67 05-21-2019 09:15 AM

Better suspension, better seat, and a stereo you can hear (with pipes) at 80 mph.

Cowboy Rob 05-21-2019 09:21 AM

Air conditioning, and a cooling seat.

krielly66 05-21-2019 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Redlegvzv (Post 18271590)
I have been riding a Touring bike (2018 Road King) for just over a year (up from a Fat Boy) and my question is: what feature would you most like to see HD add to its Touring line? I will lead off with:

Others?

2018 RK here as well. As a female at about 150 lbs, I definitely second the "Reverse gear" idea. :)

btsom 05-21-2019 09:50 AM

Even with 93,000 miles on an 08 road King and no belt trouble, I would like to see the belt changing process NOT require major disassembly. Oil filter change made so oil won't drip or flow onto the engine mount. I have never used the system, but screw jack rear wheel/belt adjustment looks more precise than the axle cams. Full LED lighting from the factory.

tcatnat 05-21-2019 10:42 AM

A USB port up front on the Road King. For the life of me, I don't understand why my buddies Street Bob has a USB port but my "Touring" Road King does not. A better suspension would be nice but I could imagine the price increase and I would probably be better off doing that upgrade myself to get exactly what I want.

usher96 05-21-2019 10:57 AM

I have been in a few circumstances where a reverse gear would have been a real help, and yes I am no spring chicken. If the Motor Company sees this, perhaps consider it as an option down the road a ways.
Mike

SSteve 05-21-2019 11:06 AM

+1 Reverse
Built in DynoJet self tuner

2slow05 05-21-2019 11:15 AM

For me I would say larger fuel tank so I could go upwards of 400-500 miles between fill ups

i have 08 ultra that’s goes 180-200 before fill ups. I use mine to commute back and forth to work regularly 20 miles one way. So I get 4 days before needing fuel.

FrankEV 05-21-2019 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Redlegvzv (Post 18271590)

Others?

I can attest to the idea of a reverse on a Touring Bike. I just had a reverse Pully installed by Suspension Technologies (https://suspensiontechnologies.com/p...anical-reverse) on my new '19 SGS. Takes the worry out of where to park so this short legged rider can manage with out fear of getting stuck.

I also really feel that H-D should install the WHIM as a standard item on all of the new bikes with a Boom GTS infotainment system. It is rediculous to buy a bike with more than half of the functionality of the Boom GTS not available from the get go. Including the WHIM would make more riders want to buy the dedicated H-D/Sena headsets and they would make up their lost accessory profit on the sale of the headsets.

And just one more Item should be a factory installed standard for all bikes with Saddlebags. Saddle bag guard bars. This item for more than one reason. Of course , first of all to protect the saddle bags, but more importantly, a place to grab onto when lifiting a bike from a laid over position.

JMHO