Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shipping From Florida to Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 07:22 PM
hdbc
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shipping From Florida to Seattle

I'm planning on shipping my new Road Glide Ultra from South Florida to Seattle. A group of us have shipped for years, last few years bikes were damaged, so the rest of the crew is renting. Two concerns, one is on time delivery to Seattle, we all leave on the same date. Also I do want my bike to arrive safely.

Anyone have any good motorcycle shipping experiences to share?

Old 05-24-2019, 07:26 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

I’ve heard good about “Haul Bikes”. The specialize in motorcycle shipping. Friends of mine used them to ship bikes from Orlando to SF and back...and all went well. Also, I was recently chatting with a custom bike seller, and he uses them to ship bikes countrywide.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:36 PM
n of 1
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Not what your looking for, but when I checked out rentals recently I was surprised at how reasonable some options could be. Last time I looked at shipping it was in the 500-800 1 way for a shorter trip than your considering, no idea on round trip but it might give you the opportunity to try something completely different. one option I'd never heard of until this year is twisted road (no affiliation) where locals rent personal bikes.

good luck with the shipping search, I'll be following to see what recommendations others have.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:18 PM
Kevin R
Tourer
Received 129 Likes on 73 Posts

I have a contract with haulbikes right now. I purchased a bike in Ohio being shipped to me in Seattle. So far they were 1 day late picking the bike up from the PO ( last day of the pick up window of 12 days) They called twice for pick up and cancelled twice. Picked up the third time. Bike went from Ohio to PA to their holding hub waiting for transport to NV to their next shipping hub. Bike has been in PA for a week now. Bike is supposed to be here on or before june 12th. Place the order and signed the contract on April 30th. All I can say is be prepared to wait and wait and wait.

IMO I would look else where if you are in a hurry. They will tell you anything you want to hear to get you to sign the contract.

BTW cost was 699

Last edited by Kevin R; 05-24-2019 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:25 PM
Grand HDF Member

Received 5,367 Likes on 2,226 Posts

I used uship.com from Seattle to Vegas for a Heritage last year and it went off without a hitch. Cost was $500

https://www.uship.com/motorcycles/

Old 05-24-2019, 09:49 PM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,717 Likes on 890 Posts

I'll second twisted roads... If you use them, this code will give you (and I) a $25 credit.

92ICE

Old 05-25-2019, 07:12 AM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 590 Likes on 309 Posts

Buy me a ticket from San Antonio and I'll ride your bike to Seattle, then you can fly me back home.

The following 2 users liked this post by r0de_runr:
nobodyknowsme (05-25-2019), Zonktified (05-25-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 10:21 AM
hdbc
Novice

Originally Posted by n of 1
Not what your looking for, but when I checked out rentals recently I was surprised at how reasonable some options could be. Last time I looked at shipping it was in the 500-800 1 way for a shorter trip than your considering, no idea on round trip but it might give you the opportunity to try something completely different. one option I'd never heard of until this year is twisted road (no affiliation) where locals rent personal bikes.

good luck with the shipping search, I'll be following to see what recommendations others have.
Thanks for the tip.Another great idea along the lines of air b & b. I'd need a touring bike, since I'm headed up to Canada, then east, down to Montana, over to Idaho (best kept secret for some great roads) and back to Seattle. Didn't see any baggers when I checked.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:26 AM
hdbc
Novice

Originally Posted by Kevin R
I have a contract with haulbikes right now. I purchased a bike in Ohio being shipped to me in Seattle. So far they were 1 day late picking the bike up from the PO ( last day of the pick up window of 12 days) They called twice for pick up and cancelled twice. Picked up the third time. Bike went from Ohio to PA to their holding hub waiting for transport to NV to their next shipping hub. Bike has been in PA for a week now. Bike is supposed to be here on or before june 12th. Place the order and signed the contract on April 30th. All I can say is be prepared to wait and wait and wait.

IMO I would look else where if you are in a hurry. They will tell you anything you want to hear to get you to sign the contract.

BTW cost was 699
Thanks for sharing. I need my bike in Seattle when the rest of the group pulls out. It's our annual ride for this year. I've read many reviews about Haul Bikes, with the same slant, only worse.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:28 AM
hdbc
Novice

Originally Posted by 702
I used uship.com from Seattle to Vegas for a Heritage last year and it went off without a hitch. Cost was $500

https://www.uship.com/motorcycles/
Another great idea, an on line shipping network. Send a request out and get lots of shippers quotes. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Shipping From Florida to Seattle