Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Making passenger comfortable

Old 05-27-2019, 10:24 AM
Johnnypop
Tourer
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Making passenger comfortable

First I like riding with my wife and she also enjoys touring together. Looking for advice on making her more comfortable. I have rode in the passenger seat and it is a rougher ride then in the front saddle. Wife has shorter legs so when the tour pack was moved back 2 inches mores than stock it also gave her hip pain. With the tour pack that far back she was in a reclined position and lost back support. We also put new ohlins shocks on and that has made a big difference in comfort.

Old 05-27-2019, 10:33 AM
67Shuv
Road Master

Received 385 Likes on 241 Posts

Cool story,

are you asking a question?

Old 05-27-2019, 10:35 AM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

Amazes me how guys hate woman.

Tour pak and good seat is most of it. If she doesn't like it she just doesn't like riding. Not saying can't find something else. But I'd spend money on jacket and boots.

Old 05-27-2019, 10:39 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,941 Likes on 2,163 Posts

If you moved back the tour pak two inches and it made her hips hurt, why don't you move it back to its original position? It sounds like you need to install some adjustable passenger foot boards, too.

Old 05-27-2019, 10:40 AM
KYRGultra
Road Master
Received 489 Likes on 306 Posts

If you can arrange for her to ride about an hour as a passenger on a crotch rocket I don't think you will hear any more complaints or criticisms.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:00 AM
soulpatch
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
If you moved back the tour pak two inches and it made her hips hurt, why don't you move it back to its original position? It sounds like you need to install some adjustable passenger foot boards, too.

That's what I was thinking. You took away her back/hip support by moving the tourpack back a couple inches. Why did you do that? What was the reasoning for it? They also make adjustable passenger boards that GalvTexGuy mentioned. Look them up and invest in a set. Since she has short legs there is definitely a way to fix that. Other than that, move the damn tourpak back and look at investing in a better saddle for the two of you. There isn't much else you can really do. Maybe add some arm-rests?

Old 05-27-2019, 12:42 PM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 304 Likes on 226 Posts

Make sure the crash bars are not pushing into the back of her calves. If so, switch to comfort crash bars or like I did, the support that eliminates them.

Old 05-27-2019, 12:58 PM
assiniboine
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4,402 Likes on 2,748 Posts

How to please a Woman?
Love her, die for her, take her to dinner, miss the game for her, buy her jewelry, be interested in her conversation!

How to please a man?
Show up naked, bring beer!

Old 05-27-2019, 01:24 PM
Nitro 54
Road Master
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

My wife really likes the Harley arm rest kit I installed for her and the curved windshield to keep more air out of her face. Getting rid of the cat also helps in the heat department.

Old 05-27-2019, 02:10 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 967 Likes on 526 Posts

My wife loves the Kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs, it gives her more choices as to where to put her feet and allows her to recline a little more comfortable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Making passenger comfortable