Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lighting for add-on King Tour-Pak?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 11:22 PM
DC4MVP
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Lighting for add-on King Tour-Pak?

Alright, I've been looking everywhere. I just want something that mimics the lights that come on the standard tour-paks from the factory to put on my add-on removable Pak.

Tried C-D and they don't have anything outside of plasma bars.

Any ideas/leads?

Old 06-11-2019, 03:11 AM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 888 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by DC4MVP
Alright, I've been looking everywhere. I just want something that mimics the lights that come on the standard tour-paks from the factory to put on my add-on removable Pak.

Tried C-D and they don't have anything outside of plasma bars.

Any ideas/leads?
Look on ebay for some takeoffs. My AdvanBlack box came with the lights and after a while 2 of the leds were dying so I grabbed some led strips off Amazon and replaced them. Couldn't have been simpler....

Old 06-11-2019, 03:17 AM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 888 Likes on 533 Posts

Just remembered that I got a 4pk of the led strips (red), if you don't come up with anything let me know..

Old 06-11-2019, 05:48 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts
Old 06-11-2019, 09:16 AM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member
Received 985 Likes on 670 Posts

I bought a take off wrap around brake/run/turn light off the classified here (included the running lights too) for about a third of the cost for new. The guy was changing them out to smoked. Drilled and cut my chopped tourpak and put the wrap around on it in about an hour. Works perfectly. The running lights are still sitting on the spare parts shelf (won't work on a chopped). If you don't want to pay new prices, you should be able to find some stock take offs red ones, maybe even a full set, off someone who's changing out to smoked lens.

Old 06-12-2019, 01:57 AM
DC4MVP
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
Didn't even think about putting in a stock one.

Drill a few holes, hook it up, and that's that.

I was imagining something from C-D where it uses adhesive to stick on.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:12 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts
Old 06-12-2019, 07:16 AM
whyrzwaldo
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

+1 looking for one on Ebay or similar. I found mine from a forum member here switching his out to smoked. I drilled the holes and mounted it. I have an airwing luggage rack with the run/brake led so i wired them into that existing wiring. Mine is the type that wraps around on the lower portion of the tourpak. Best photo I currently had on phone.....

Old 06-12-2019, 09:30 AM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

I taped off the back to keep it from scratching anything, clamped an old lights base to the back as a template to drill the 8 holes using a small bit, and cut the 1 hole for the electrical connection... and it bolts right on, then ran the wire and it is done. This is a chopped, not a king, but would be the same. On the king you can add the running lights along the sides on the bottom too.

The following users liked this post:
Pix (06-06-2021)
Old 06-12-2019, 10:03 AM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

FYI, if you can find an old non-working light, they're great for using as a template. Just tear the lens and lighting stuff off the base. Then carefully drill the 8 holes thru from the back with a small bit. Same thing for the antenna hole(s) if you plan on adding the antennas also (I did not). Then cut the large square hole out for the electrical. Then you can clamp the "template" in place on your tourpak with C-clamps. Drill the 8 little holes using a small pilot bit. I traced the large hole for the electrical connector on the tape that I had covered the tourpak with, took the template off to get it out of the way, and cut the square hole for the electrical. Then re-drilled the 8 holes to the correct size for the mounting screws. I was not mounting antennas to the light bar, so I did not drill those holes, and I just got another CB antenna post, dropped in in the FM antenna's hole on the light bar and plugged it with the same plug that will be on the CB's side on a new light... both pieces cost like $3.00 and cleaned it up nice. We've used this template now a few times and it worth its weight in gold, to me, because it makes it so fast and worry free. Here's what it looks like.

Quick Reply: Lighting for add-on King Tour-Pak?