Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Fog Lights Inop

Old 06-14-2019, 07:21 PM
Ricochet59
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD Fog Lights Inop

The HD engine guard mounted halogen fog lights on my '09 SG stopped working recently after years of being used as full time running lights. I checked the fuse and took a look at the wiring. Found the white wire going from the handlebar mounted thumb switch just hanging loose up in the fairing. It doesn't have a spade terminal on it and I can't figure out where it might have broken off or pulled out of the wiring. There is a wire connected to the headlight power wire just aft of the headlamp connector that is part of the harness for the fog lights that runs along the backbone under the tank. I was hoping that someone here might know if the white wire also should be connected to this or a ground?

Old 06-14-2019, 07:32 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

not sure if white is ground sorry . but they do need to be grounded. If you have a meter or a test light you can check the wire to see if it has power

Old 06-14-2019, 10:27 PM
IKnowNot
Club Member
Received 62 Likes on 56 Posts

You did not say what wiring or who did it for your lights, but as far as I remember the only white wire under there was to the high beams. It should go from the high beam (pin 1 of connector 38B to the left hand control connector, pin 4 of connector 24B)

Do your high beams work?

Again, I don't know your wiring or who made it, but normally auxilary lighting logic is tied to the high beams.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by IKnowNot; 06-14-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:47 PM
Ricochet59
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies. I'll check it out further with a meter. Happy Father's Day!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: