Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Anniversary Shrine Enigma. WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 03:00 PM
lookslikeahog
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2003 Anniversary Shrine Enigma. WTF?

Picked up a 2003 Anniversary FLHTCUI SHRINE model, white. The microfische says that White Pearl was a color in 2003, but there is no "Shrine" model on Ronnie's. I called the dealer, and they said the bike is a police bike, black, by VIN. The title says SHRINE, cream/ivory. They are stumped. The bike came from Spirit Harley, which is now out of business. They have no idea what to tell me on the color! The paint is original. Any ideas?

Old 07-03-2019, 03:21 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,718 Likes on 3,494 Posts

Originally Posted by lookslikeahog
Picked up a 2003 Anniversary FLHTCUI SHRINE model, white. The microfische says that White Pearl was a color in 2003, but there is no "Shrine" model on Ronnie's. I called the dealer, and they said the bike is a police bike, black, by VIN. The title says SHRINE, cream/ivory. They are stumped. The bike came from Spirit Harley, which is now out of business. They have no idea what to tell me on the color! The paint is original. Any ideas?
Don't understand what you're asking? Are you trying to colour match the paint?

Old 07-03-2019, 03:33 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

a lot of times, the 'special' edition bikes, eg, police, peace officer, fireman, etc. all get lumped in under 'shrine'. but, to your question, uh, what was the question?

Old 07-03-2019, 03:36 PM
lookslikeahog
Cruiser

I've been trying to ID the color, the white hi pearl from that era is off a bit. The dealer had no idea because their records said black.

Old 07-03-2019, 03:44 PM
lookslikeahog
Cruiser
Default Pic

Which reminds me, can someone please tell me this eagle head thing didn’t come on this bike? I’m like 99% sure it didn’t, but I’ve been wrong before about some ridiculous stuff. It’s held on with something like a white plate adhesive thing that looks like it’s going to take the paint with it.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:55 PM
IKnowNot
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 102 Posts

A few things could help …
More pics for one, first 10 digits of the VIN, and correct terminology as well.

I do not know if HD put out a police bike in an ultra classic configuration that year, but I would doubt it.

Check the 5th and 6th digit of the VIN, if they are FL then it is a Shriner bike (by VIN)

As said before, bikes like Peace Officer Special and Firefighter Special share that VIN ID with the Shriner bikes.

All it means is it is a regular bike with special paint and emblems, unlike a police bike that has special wiring, seats, etc.

What type of emblem does your tank have, metal or decal?

That eagle looks like something off someone’s mailbox.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:39 PM
lookslikeahog
Cruiser

Originally Posted by IKnowNot
A few things could help …
More pics for one, first 10 digits of the VIN, and correct terminology as well.

I do not know if HD put out a police bike in an ultra classic configuration that year, but I would doubt it.

Check the 5th and 6th digit of the VIN, if they are FL then it is a Shriner bike (by VIN)

As said before, bikes like Peace Officer Special and Firefighter Special share that VIN ID with the Shriner bikes.

All it means is it is a regular bike with special paint and emblems, unlike a police bike that has special wiring, seats, etc.

What type of emblem does your tank have, metal or decal?

That eagle looks like something off someone’s mailbox.
Lol luckily that eagle came off easy.

First 10 are 1HD1FLW173 so yes FL. Has a round chrome tank emblem, not a decal. Has the 100th anniversary DECAL on the front fender (cheap looking) and the seat. Sesquicentennial oval shaped air cleaner.

It needs some cosmetics because the seller laid it down. Paint stuff, so that’s been the challenge. I was able to get colorrite white hi pearl pretty darn close, it seems to be right, but wouldn’t seem likely for a shrine that something wasn’t different in the paint.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:19 PM
IKnowNot
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 102 Posts

Well, what little I could find out many of the Shriner bikes were Birch White (PPG 90303), I do not know about your year.

Also, I believe the 2003 Shriner bike originally came with a decal on the tank, and an anniversary decal on the front fender, but I could be wrong.

Any chance the tank was repainted and a standard emblem put on?

It certainly is not a police bike, and Peace Officer Special bikes were either the two-tone blue or Peace Officer Blue (a dark blue).

Old 07-04-2019, 07:56 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Genuine 2003 Centenary models all have special engine markings. It is quite some time since I sold my Centenary bike, so don't recall exactly what it looks like, but it has a Centenary 'wings' badge on the primary side, near the engine number.

Old 07-04-2019, 10:57 AM
MotoJockey
Stellar HDF Member

Received 3,059 Likes on 1,257 Posts

Like this.....

The following 2 users liked this post by MotoJockey:
grbrown (07-04-2019), hdbob2006 (07-04-2019)

Quick Reply: 2003 Anniversary Shrine Enigma. WTF?