Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reverse Options

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 03:57 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

I had the Suspension Technologies reverse installed on my 2012 CVO Street Glide back in 2017. Work alright but a few months later started having problems with it. Blew it off until a couple of months ago when I traded up to a 19 RGS and wanted to have it transferred from the Street Glide to the Road Glide. Decided to contact Suspension Technologies to see what if anything they could do.

Spoke with Noah and explained what kind of problem I was having. He told me they've made significant upgrades since the one I bought in 2017. Even though I was out of warranty he shipped me out a new unit and I was able to have the dealer make the transfer to the new bike and have been using it everyday since with no problems.

A company that stands by their product is a company I appreciate doing business with for sure.

And yes the compressor does take up a little bit of room in the right saddle bag but it's really not that bad. Happy to answer any questions you may have about the unit.

Jim.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:04 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Here's some pics of the compressor.

Not sure if they've updated the compressor over the past couple of years.

Also if not already on the bike you'll need to install a set of auxiliary switches to power the compressor.

Jim.

Last edited by SciFiGuy; 07-16-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:31 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Am I to guess that you can't put gear over the top of the compressor?

Old 07-17-2019, 05:04 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
Am I to guess that you can't put gear over the top of the compressor?

My compressor was recently installed this past March by ST when they were at Destination Daytona during Bike Week..

The compressor runs for just a few seconds in order to activate the switching mechanism. And unless you stuffed some non porus material like plastic directly over the compressor, I don't think packing gear in the bag over or around it will prevent it from working.

Mine is installed in the very deep back end of the bag, so it does not intefere with putting things in the bag. I carry most of my everyday stuff in my Left side bag and use the Right bag for trip specific take along items like my small freezable cool bag and extra jacket/shirts, etc. Have had the bag stuffed full after doing some shopping with the S. O. for clothes and things and no problem with using reverse.

Last edited by FrankEV; 07-17-2019 at 05:11 AM.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:11 PM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 672 Likes on 372 Posts

This may be a dumb question, but what do HD dealers say about adding this reverse feature?

Old 07-17-2019, 02:32 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Probably most dealers don't know about it, but my Chrome Guy, at the dealer where I bought my bike, reccomended ST to me. My regular service tech is aware of it and has never said anything about it. Actually, just asked how it works.

It is just the drive pully. The original is basicaly nothing more than a hunk of steel with gear teeth and an axel. The ST pully, also has the same teeth, but has a different axel with some internal parts in the pully to make it change direction when the air pump is activated and the bike put into gear. Has nothing to do with the engine and no more to do with the electrical than adding any other accessory. The accessory switch furnished and installed by ST is actually the H-D kit.

Can't see where it could effect any H-D warentee issues other than on the pully itself, but ST takes care of that. No different than changing out shocks, HB's, lights, etc.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:47 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Well I pulled the trigger on the MRP from ST this morning and they have already gotten the parts ready for shipment. I ordered the aux switches and harness also so my total was $1914 after their military discount. Can wait for it to get here and to not have to ask my daugher to help me back up anymore.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:06 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
Well I pulled the trigger on the MRP from ST this morning and they have already gotten the parts ready for shipment. I ordered the aux switches and harness also so my total was $1914 after their military discount. Can wait for it to get here and to not have to ask my daugher to help me back up anymore.
Concrats. You wont be sorry.

Going to do the install yourself?

I can only say I was very happy that ST installed mine and the bike week price was a little better, but as I've said before, it was the best money I've spent.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:07 PM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 672 Likes on 372 Posts

Does someone have a website or somesuch for ST?

Old 07-17-2019, 03:22 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Redlegvzv
Does someone have a website or somesuch for ST?
Here it is (but google would have done it too) https://suspensiontechnologies.com/

Noah Jacobs at: info@suspensiontechnologies.com

Last edited by FrankEV; 07-17-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Reverse Options