Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 Download

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stage 1 Download

I got the stage 1 download today so that I can send my PCIII back for warranty replacement. Still need to ride the bike to/from work without the PCIII.

For those of you who have this download, what should I expect regarding performance and gas mileage? Bike seems to run well, but I didn't put but ten miles on it today.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:05 PM
racinjason
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stage 1 Download

No longer than your PCIII will be gone i would not worry about it. Your bike will be fine. I will admit i think the power will not be as good. But your gas milage probably will pick-up a little. Even the stage 1 is still on the lean side. But it is not enough to do any damage.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 526 Posts

My RK runs great with it, alot of people say its crap, but I an not running lean and dont have alot of heat. My mileage runs about 38-42 around town and 45-50 highway, power is good no stumbles.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:41 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I have used the Stage 1 download on my '07 Road King and was fairly well pleased. On my particular bike (SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers/SE Stage 1 Intake), the download gave me a (very) little surging at highway speeds and was a little hesitant off the line. But I think each application may be a little different. I ended up re-installing my FuelPak on top of the download and that combo has really done a good job - smooth delivery at all throttle positions.

I would surmise that the download will not give you the same power improvements that your PCIIII gave, but would definitely be an improvement over stock. I found that power delivery was about the same between the download and the FuelPak, but the FuelPak seems to do a better job managing the throttle because it is matched to a specific muffler/exhaust setup.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:12 AM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it seemed to run fairly well with the download, and I was wanting to lean out the map on the PCIII anyway to try to improve my mpg, so maybe this will be okay. I'll probably still want to add the PCIII back in when I get the new one, but we'll see. Thanks for the feedback, fellas.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

For someone who doesn't care about the few extra ponies the aftermarket air filter will give, you could put the stock air filter assembly back on after the Stage 1 download and it would likely run very well as it would be a bit richer than with the aftermarket a/c...

Just an idea...