Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing forward and rear detachable docking kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Smitty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installing forward and rear detachable docking kits

FYI - Ireceived a PM from a forum member whosaid the brackets (Item K) mentioned in the instructions actually come with the detachable sissy bar, which is odd. You would think all hardware required would be in the Front Detachable Kit. I purchased the sissy barupright off Ebay but it did not come with any hardware.Does HD sell those long brackets seperatelyso I can finish this project?

Looks like I'll be sending Zanotti's another emailtelling them to disregard my last message about missing parts.
[sm=oopssign.gif]

Old 04-13-2008, 04:08 AM
biovet62
Stage I
Default RE: Installing forward and rear detachable docking kits

After two days (had to walk away for awhile) I just got the docking kit installed on my 06 RK custom. I did not have bracket K either. Does anyone know if bracket K comes with the Detachable sissy bar upright kit? I am buying a sissy bar (52939-04) and a screamin eagle backrest pad from a guy at work. He has a 2005 SE Electra Glide and never takes of the tourpack. Problem is, he probably has bracket K on his bike if it comes in the sissy bar kit.

Anyone know if you can purchase just bracket K from Harley? I work in S. Korea and will be going to Hawaii next week. I will probably go to the local Harley Dealer and see if they can sell me the brackets.

Thanks,

Don

Old 04-13-2008, 07:41 AM
model1911a
Cruiser
Default RE: Installed forward and rear detachable docking kits

I couldn't take it!..........I had mine chromed. Greenish stuff is gone!.................

[IMG]local://upfiles/9388/5CBA317E199F4B08A229D9D59C343027.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-25-2008, 02:31 AM
lars243
Intermediate

Has anyone mounted a tourpak on a 06 street glide? I bought a chopped tourpak. I can't imagine it'd be any different.

I've mounted the hardware to the bottom of the pak. I've still got to mount the LED spoiler, and antennae. Would a rack still fit on the lid? I'd like to have a place to strap rain gear.

I am in a quandry regarding which width spacer to use. All of you guys are soo right. The instructions stink and there are wayyyy too many parts. I had to walk away from it for a few days. I'm now researching.

I like the jack idea. Sears has them on sale I believe for $99.00 (sound familiar? [:@]) Thanks for posting all the pictures. I should be able to get this finished this weekend in time for.....MORE RAIN!! LOL Thanks for the help.

Lars

Old 04-25-2008, 05:27 AM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL:

Alignment was my problem too, well other than the instructions being wrong from step one. I remember it said to put the lettering to the outside on both plates. That couldn't be done so I knew I was in for a treat.
HAHA, I just installed this kit last week and it's true. You can't install them both with the lettering on the outside. Plus it's like: Install bolt "A" into bracket and frame. OK, Done.Then the next instuction is to "place washer onto bolt "A" in between bracket and frame" [:@]I wish I counted how many times I had to re-read these instructions to try to comprehend the madness behind this. Time it took? I'm not sure, I think I was stuck in some kind of void where time seemed to slow down.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:49 PM
gregor
Stage I

What an endeavour to say the least! Took me about 3 hours to do the front kit last night, not including several smoke and swearing breaks! Got it on no problem (after heaving the rear fender up on the left side - that was the worst part of the project!) but my question is about saddlebag alignment. Now that it is on I had a heck of a time getting my bags back on. They are on but I don't feel comfortable now that they look like they are stressed and the lids don't lock into place very well.

I would've thought if you were putting a spacer on the back bag mount there'd be another for up front to at least keep them level. What did anyone do about this with their bags? Mine's is a 2005 FLHRI. Thanks!

Gregor

Old 10-13-2011, 09:18 PM
jcass29
3rd Gear

for some reason i cant veiw the photos if someone could repost them or email them to me please. jcass29@yahoo.com i got a new to me 2000 rkc and it has the detachable back rest /sissy bar for the passenger and the hardware but no instructions .
thanks

Old 12-20-2012, 09:30 PM
caltransboy
Stage I

Do you still have the pics of the install of front sissy bar and rear tour pac mounts?
The picture files do not lode for me on the forum. Thanks Rob Larson

Old 08-27-2017, 08:27 PM
Robb2008
Stage III
Default Sissy bar docking kit

Can anybody tell me for a 2008 Road Glide I can't find a docking kit for the sissy bar and tour pack the four point system for an 2008 does anybody have a link everyone is showing newer bikes only

Old 08-27-2017, 11:30 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,191 Likes on 2,457 Posts

this should help you out some.

Attached Thumbnails  Installing forward and rear detachable docking kits-capture.jpg