Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   surdyke.com seems to suck (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/145904-surdyke-com-seems-to-suck.html)

sammie 08-30-2007 06:02 PM

surdyke.com seems to suck

anybody buy anything from surdyke.com ? I bought a bunch of stuff for my 04 roadking about 3 weeks ago still got nothing. they charge my credit card the day i order the parts .still no parts. cant even call to check or talk to someone

TexasRedneck 08-30-2007 06:21 PM

RE: surdyke.com seems to suck

Call yer CC company an' contest the charges. They'll call ya purty quick then, ah'm thinkin'. If ya ain't gotten the stuff or heard from 'em, ah'd cancel it.

Far 3ast 08-30-2007 06:29 PM

You can't call them becuase of what? The phone number is (636) 931-8700. Also they have an order status check on the website, did you check there?

sammie 08-30-2007 06:42 PM

i called them on the number you gave just a recording to ck statis on web site.. why dose it take so long and why do they charge your credit card when you order not when the ship? it make me a little nervis. have you order stuff before?

Longtimegone 08-30-2007 06:48 PM

I never bought from Surdyke, but I buy a lot from both M&M and Zanotti's. They both charge your card when the order is received. I have never had any trouble from either of them and the customerservice is great. Emails are answered quickly and phone calls work well, too. I figure that if I help their liquidity a little with the early charge and they give me a great price, we both come out a little better.

sammie 08-30-2007 06:51 PM

next time i will buy from them. i am not waiting 3 to 4 weeks

G$ 08-30-2007 07:01 PM

While most of these websites disclose they're gonna charge ur CC when u place ur order....they do deceive u into thinkin theyactually havethe part (u've already looked up in their inventory and it says available add to ur cart) in stock. VIOLA~ Then u get the infamous email from the parts deptsayin:
"Hi,
We received your order information. Sorry, we do not have all the items in stock. We will get the items on order for you. It usually takes 4 to 6 days to get the items to us as long as the vendor has them available. If there is a problem getting a part we will email. We will email you when the order is shipped."

To which Ive alwasy replied.."Why the f*ck do u even have the parts look up feature?" Oh, well....now Im hooked since they've charged me and I'll have to wait instead of ordering elsewhere.

Im just sayin....

Slammer 08-30-2007 07:25 PM

I ordered a sundowner seat for my FLHX from surdykeand received it about 6 days later.

merlin41 08-30-2007 07:37 PM

I have had good luck with Surdyke in the past. Most things take 2-3 weeks from when I order. I am having the same issue you describe with Chicago Harley who came highly recommended - it's been almost a month and no emails- just a recording to check your order on the web.

combat_vet 08-30-2007 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: sammie

anybody buy anything from surdyke.com ? I bought a bunch of stuff for my 04 roadking about 3 weeks ago still got nothing. they charge my credit card the day i order the parts .still no parts. cant even call to check or talk to someone
Yep,same scenerio. My case is a little differenct, after three weeks I was able to get someone on the phone and they told me that the part was unavailable from HD, they never changed my order status on their website leading me to believe the parts had shipped. They never contacted me once to explain the issue with the order as well.

I asked them to cancel the order and issue a refund, which they said they would and it would take 7-10 days to get the funds back to my credit card. Well more than 30 days have gone by... Nothing. I called Visa and disputed the charge and initiated a charge-back.

I would not ever order from them again and recommend that others think twice as well!