Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2to1 tune question

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 09:44 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Default 2to1 tune question

I had my bike Dyno tuned with powervision 3yrs ago, on decatted factory header. assuming I'm going to lose my original Dyno tune. question.......
If I switch to 2to1 pipe, what's the difference between calling fuel Moto and having them send me a new map vs another Dyno tune?

Old 08-26-2019, 09:48 PM
paul1970
Tourer
Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

Fuel moto will get your bike running good and for most good enough, but in my opinion it’s just a starting point a dyno really dials it in

The following 4 users liked this post by paul1970:
1 2 many (08-28-2019), eaglefan1 (08-26-2019), hattitude (08-26-2019), jt metal (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 10:04 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,405 Likes on 4,014 Posts

Originally Posted by jt metal
I had my bike Dyno tuned with powervision 3yrs ago, on decatted factory header. assuming I'm going to lose my original Dyno tune. question.......
If I switch to 2to1 pipe, what's the difference between calling fuel Moto and having them send me a new map vs another Dyno tune?

Are you only changing the exhaust....?? Do you own the PowerVision tuner, or did you just buy a license and have it tuned with the dyno operator's PowerVision tuner....?

If the dyno guy owns the PowerVision tuner, go back to him and let him dial it in. It shouldn't take too long to dial in the tune. The exhausts have different characteristics, but the tunes will be close, all else being equal... This would be the quickest and best (if you have a good dyno guy) option whether you own the tuner or not... but will cost some money

If you own the PowerVision, bought it from FuelMoto, and want to have a little fun.....

The tune you have now should be close to the tune you need... I would save a copy of your current dyno tune. Then I would use it to run a couple auto tune runs. Note how it runs with that new tune. Note where it's deficient, or you feel it needs some help. Then take it out and do some data logging. You can then send the tune to FuelMoto, with your changes, the datalog, and where you feel the tune is deficient. They will send back a better tune.... you can then try that tune and see if you can save the money on another dyno tune...

Good luck with your decision..

Old 08-27-2019, 09:13 AM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
Are you only changing the exhaust....?? Do you own the PowerVision tuner, or did you just buy a license and have it tuned with the dyno operator's PowerVision tuner....?

If the dyno guy owns the PowerVision tuner, go back to him and let him dial it in. It shouldn't take too long to dial in the tune. The exhausts have different characteristics, but the tunes will be close, all else being equal... This would be the quickest and best (if you have a good dyno guy) option whether you own the tuner or not... but will cost some money

If you own the PowerVision, bought it from FuelMoto, and want to have a little fun.....

The tune you have now should be close to the tune you need... I would save a copy of your current dyno tune. Then I would use it to run a couple auto tune runs. Note how it runs with that new tune. Note where it's deficient, or you feel it needs some help. Then take it out and do some data logging. You can then send the tune to FuelMoto, with your changes, the datalog, and where you feel the tune is deficient. They will send back a better tune.... you can then try that tune and see if you can save the money on another dyno tune...

Good luck with your decision..
I own the tuner. And didn't want to spend an additional $500 on more Dyno time. I was hoping to continue with Dyno tuners tune.

Old 08-27-2019, 02:13 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,405 Likes on 4,014 Posts

Originally Posted by jt metal
I own the tuner. And didn't want to spend an additional $500 on more Dyno time. I was hoping to continue with Dyno tuners tune.

Then I would suggest part two of my post... do some auto tuning and if not good enough, send data logs to FuelMoto with your needs....

Good luck....

The following users liked this post:
jt metal (08-27-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 04:16 PM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

You are going to want to do what Hattitude suggested if you are going from a stock header to a 2-1 pipe. I did the same thing on my 107 build and just needed to run several autotune sessions to find the delta's, from there I just ended up tweaking the maps until the changes in the autotune runs were minimal. But the original tune didn't run well with the addition of the 2-1, if I remember right the biggest change was to correct decel popping

The following users liked this post:
jt metal (08-27-2019)