Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   HD Liquid-cooled touring bikes 09 or 10 (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/166574-hd-liquid-cooled-touring-bikes-09-or-10-a.html)

old95 11-08-2007 09:29 AM

HD Liquid-cooled touring bikes 09 or 10

Just received the Fall issue of HD's Enthusiast mag.. As we are all aware this is published by HD & every word, article & comment is carefully reviewed by HD prior to it being released. As such please note an email that appears on page 8.

"Instead of using V-Rod engine technology to create a liquid-cooled 100hp Touring model, the Motor Company increased the cubic displacement of its air-cooled engine. All this "beat the heat" advise would not be necessary if the new models were fitted with Revolution engines. My Harley-riding friends and I hope the Company will wake up and finally realize that oversized air-cooled motorcycle engines are ready for museums and move into the 21st century with liquid-cooling"

I honestly believe NO ONE at HD would have permited this email to appear in THEIR mag. withoutknowing that this is what they are doing at this very time. I'm now going to wait on buying a new bike as a HD liquid-cooled touring bike is the future from a performance, comfort, and EPA standpoint. I'm excited & looking forward to it.
(This hint from HD was just to bold to miss)

Manish_Hawg 11-08-2007 09:39 AM

RE: HD Liquid-cooled touring bikes 09 or 10

You go right ahead and wait. In the mean time, I'll be riding.:D

old95 11-08-2007 09:41 AM

with 51K in two years I'll be riding while a wait.

ORIGINAL: Manish_Hawg

You go right ahead and wait. In the mean time, I'll be riding.:D

Mikeeeeeeeeee 11-08-2007 09:41 AM

HD will have water cooled bikes in the line in 09 - 10.
A little bird told me.
I will wait till 2012 and trade.

gunrunner 11-08-2007 09:43 AM

ORIGINAL: old95

Just received the Fall issue of HD's Enthusiast mag.. As we are all aware this is published by HD & every word, article & comment is carefully reviewed by HD prior to it being released. As such please note an email that appears on page 8.

"Instead of using V-Rod engine technology to create a liquid-cooled 100hp Touring model, the Motor Company increased the cubic displacement of its air-cooled engine. All this "beat the heat" advise would not be necessary if the new models were fitted with Revolution engines. My Harley-riding friends and I hope the Company will wake up and finally realize that oversized air-cooled motorcycle engines are ready for museums and move into the 21st century with liquid-cooling"

I honestly believe NO ONE at HD would have permited this email to appear in THEIR mag. withoutknowing that this is what they are doing at this very time. I'm now going to wait on buying a new bike as a HD liquid-cooled touring bike is the future from a performance, comfort, and EPA standpoint. I'm excited & looking forward to it.
That bike already exists, earl smalls hd in georgia has a road glide bagger based on the vrod running gear for sale right now. 770-919-0000 I doubt hd has anything out for sale in the next two years.

rjrivero 11-08-2007 09:46 AM

I can only hope they finally put this magnificent motor in a touring package. I just hope I can pay off my VRSCA by then. Cuz baby, I want to drink that Kool-Aid!

swipter 11-08-2007 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Mikeeeeeeeeee

HD will have water cooled bikes in the line in 09 - 10.
A little bird told me.
I will wait till 2012 and trade.

I don't know why you would want to wait. The first model year is ALWAYS the best year.

MassHD 11-08-2007 09:48 AM

Me too!!! I'll ride the 08 for a few years until they get the bugs out of it. You know they will have their issues at first. They always do.Just sit back ride and watch the fun start. Also I can't believe they would stop the air cooled bikes overnight and go to a watercooledbike. I'm sure the re-sale value of me 08 is safe for a while.

rjrivero 11-08-2007 09:51 AM

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

ORIGINAL: old95

That bike already exists, earl smalls hd in georgia has a road glide bagger based on the vrod running gear for sale right now. 770-919-0000 I doubt hd has anything out for sale in the next two years.

I beileve that bike is a V-Rod with the Road-Rod touring setup from Cycle Visions. I have seen them, and ridden them. The steering geometry isn't right. There is just too much rake in the front, and makes it a bit cumbersome with the weight on the front. This is the best one I've seen of that particular kit. Link here.
http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/files/.../IMG_1414a.JPG

TX_RG 11-08-2007 09:57 AM

Jay Leno said it best: "it's always better to own the last year of a model than the first year of a model".