Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King vs. Dyna Superglide?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 11:33 AM
rome304
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Road King vs. Dyna Superglide?

roadking

Old 11-14-2007, 11:34 AM
dagnabit9
Cruiser

I don't have an RK, but I have an Ultra along with a Dyna SuperGlide. Think of the Dyna as being your hot rod to the RK (or Ultra in my case)being your luxury car. The Dyna is very nimble in traffic, more so than the big touring bikes but it does get blown around a LOT on the highways. That is the biggest trade-off I have found. I love both of them but for different reasons...

Old 11-14-2007, 11:42 AM
CKinAZ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My recent purchase of the EGS was only after I did some test rides and decided the touring bikes were better for me. I was VERY close to buying a SuperGlide Custom. I still look at the dynas and wonder if I'd have been just as happy. As it is, I can do everything on the bike I have. Short trips, long trips, two up or one. So much more versatile. I love the way it looks. It handles GREAT at low speeds and at hwy speeds (so long as it doesn't get twisty). I was also interested in the RK, but like the look of the Street Glide better and knew I could "make" a SG out of a Standard.

No regrets - and I've already put 2000 miles on it since buying it 6 weeks ago!

Old 11-14-2007, 11:50 AM
oneshotdog
Tourer

I have a Road King Classic, great bike for long distances and even better for short day trips or just around town, a great cruiser look with the long haul value, also I ride Hiway to and from work alot and for hiway travel it's a great bike, especially for those not so perfect days, rain wind hail snow,

Old 11-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Firetender
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for the Road King. Otherwise, you're apt to spend your hard-earned money building a Road King out of a SuperGllide. And that's hard-earned money best spent on a high-end stereo for your house, in which case you won't need tunes on your FLHR because they will sound like a $5 transistor radio. Don't ask me how I know...

Name:  2007FLHRBeforeAfter027-4.jpg
Views: 3622
Size:  55.3 KB

Old 11-14-2007, 05:01 PM
combat_vet
Tourer

I went from this:

[IMG]local://upfiles/32476/D5931D257490426FB4EC037F5DDF77F8.jpg[/IMG]

to the SERK in my signature and have never looked back!

Old 11-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Navitimer
Cruiser

I would vote for the RK as well. You can pop off the shield and have a nice cruiser look or, as others have mentioned, use the shield for a nice highway ride. IMHO, RKs are extremely versitle. I would try to spend more time on both and see which one you end up enjoying more. Have fun in your studies...folks get stressed out about stuff like this but I think it should be a fun time!

Old 11-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In October I traded my 02 Dyna Superglide Sport for an 08 Ultra. I was really surprised how well the bagger handles, the stereo and cruise control are great and the handling at highway speed is way better on the bagger. The FXDX was a great ride, and was easier to clean. I had fixed mounted bags and a quick release windshield....rode the Dyna to Sturgis 3 times and pulled my Bushtec trailer with it everytime. Over all though, if I would have known the baggers handled as well as they do and are easily as much fun to ride, I would have moved up sooner. Go for the RK, you won't regret it.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:40 PM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Road King is very close to any HD (except maybe Sporty) around town but is way better on the hwy. than any others except the other tourers. Then consider how much that and the other "extras" is worth to you given the cost difference.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:48 PM
zoomin
Advanced

went from an 06 superglide to an 07 RK. I had a bag and windshield and pegson the superglide and it was fine.....but the road king is much nicer so if money is an issue the superglide is a great commuter and decent for short tours. I still like the RK better even for short trips.

Quick Reply: Road King vs. Dyna Superglide?