Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.O.G. Membership renewal

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 03:12 PM
sarge189
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H.O.G. Membership renewal

I've been a member of the national H.O.G. organization since 2001. I recently renewed my membership and received my new card today. In past years, I received the renewal packet with a road atlas, H.O.G. card for my wallet, H.O.G. patch and H.O.G. pin for my vest. This year all I received was a plastic membership card. For my $45.00 renewal, I expected more than just the card for my wallet. Anybody else received their renewal information?

Old 11-24-2007, 03:17 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: H.O.G. Membership renewal

Have you contacted national? It may be that the other stuff isn't ready yet....

Old 11-24-2007, 03:19 PM
rhino49er
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my renewal notice yesterday and it stated I would only get a card upon renewal...and 2008 materials would arrive in mid-February..
they also add they would gladly atutomate my renewal and renew 60 days prior to renewal day...wouldn't that be paying for 10 months?
To anyody is the Hawg membership worth it...I never saw anything for it...I know you have to participate to get anything back, but haveto
take kids to gymnastics on the monthly meeting night (family more importan)and other than a qtrly magazine see no benefits...

Old 11-24-2007, 03:24 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

No - they'll renew 60 days prior, but you're membership effective dates will remain the same. Keeps you from accidentally lapsing. The local HOG groups meet more often than monthly - you need to "hook up" with someone within the group and find out what else goes on during the month.

I know for December, we've got over 15 events scheduled in our local club.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:35 PM
cewood
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've been a National HOG member for about 5 years, never joined a local chapter. Liked the atlas and the magazines, but didn't see much else from it......then one day....back tire blew out in Miami....2 hours + from home. Roadside assistance got the call and got me towed to the local dealer. That pretty much made the membership worth it.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:56 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am the new Head Road Captain in our chapter. We have several rides a month, several socials and other events. The monthly meeting is only an Admin type of thing and not the real meat of a HOG Chapter. A lot of the Females in the chapter also participate in LOH. They had a fashion show a few weeks back. We also did 2 events on Vets Day last month. Being involved in a local chapter can be loads of fun.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:00 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I agree with Texas. You got to get hooked up with some people who are active. I am in Virginia and we have about 15 or 20 activivires scheduled between now and Christmas. I also cannot always get to the HOG Chapter meetings because of work and family but knowing what is going on gets me involved in some great rides and some very worthy community projects. And as stated elsewhere, the RoadSide assistance is a side benefit you'll never know the value of unless ya need it. I like my HOG Chapter and have made loads of personal and professional friends there is a short 2 years. Well worth the money considering what you get for $50 these days...

Old 11-24-2007, 04:13 PM
chiefparry
Tourer

I let mine lapse a few months back and keep getting reminders. A couple of months ago they offered 2 years for one if I renewed then,so I took it. I received all the stuff, card, atlas, stichers and patches. FYI: After some research and some long trips in my future, I up-graded to their $79 or $89; it was cheaper and better than my AAA policy. I get all vehicles and motorcycles towed without limitation plus other benifits. So I saved by only having one roadside assistance policy instead of the the so-so 1-2 limited tows per year offered with memebership and my AAA roadside assistanve policy. The up-graded roadside assistance is worth comparing.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Moby
Cruiser

The only benefit I've used is the Fly-and-Ride program. Three times my wife and I have flown from Rhode Island to Arizona (twice) and Idaho for fantastic two week vacations. The program gives you a current model year, well maintained, and well equiped Classic for what I believe is considerably less than would be available from an independent renter. Although this is the only benefit I've used, I'm a life member, so there's no leaving now (I hope).

Old 11-24-2007, 05:05 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I keep my HOG membership current coz it allows me to attend state and national rallies. As for local chapter membership, I tried it for 2 yrs and and dropped out. We had joined it to meet other couples, but couldn't get past the barrier. It was too cliquey for my taste. I didn't need that. But because of HOG and state rallies I ran into a guy that my wife and I went thru school with, both grade school and high school. Turns out he and his wife live 2 miles from us. Go figure.

Quick Reply: H.O.G. Membership renewal