Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   06 Street Glide CD Player ???'s (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/17790-06-street-glide-cd-player-s.html)

GOSTAZ 01-04-2006 12:18 PM

06 Street Glide CD Player ???'s

My 06 Street Glide CD player cuts out if engine rpms drop to 2 grand. Cuts out for about 10 seconds then usuallly comes back. Also, has anyone else seen their CD player skip from pavement imperfections? (there are millions of em in Maryland) I am not talking potholes, just transitions or grumble strips. Other than that, I LIKE this bike! Its only two weeks old, so if this is something I should talk to the dealer about, let me know.

CHEYENNE 01-04-2006 12:25 PM

RE: 06 Street Glide CD Player ???'s

there have been threads talking about problems with the CD Player. Try doing a search.

solorider 01-04-2006 12:31 PM

This issue has been discussed here several times...seems that some of us are having troubles with skipping on '06 bikes but the circumstances that cause the skips seem to vary quite a bit. Mine does it when I am traveling at higher speeds, others have mentioned sporatic problems, others have mentioned moisture, and some have thought it was caused by cold temps. Your situation with the the lower rpms is a new one but the road bumps make some sense.

This is the first year for the new Harmon-Kardon stereos and there may be some bugs to work out. I would talk to your dealer and try to get the unit replaced under warranty.

MACK 01-04-2006 12:32 PM

You should see the dealer. The unit should not do that except for the worst of conditions.

GOSTAZ 01-04-2006 02:09 PM

Guys,
First off, thanks for the insights... and Cheyenne, I shoulda searched first, and since your post, I did, and found some good stuff. Sounds like I will take a ride to the dealer, and see what we can figure out. Glad that I have some time to get everything sorted out while there is not much riding weather. A few of my buds were calling me "old man" for getting a bagger, but I really like the way this bike is set up, and it handles really nice! I was riding the other day with the stereo cranked, in the middle of nowhere, and I gotta tell you, I had a grin on my face that would not quit. Made my face hurt. I had some chops, a few ricers, and some german stuff, but nothing has come close to the fun factor of my Glide. And by the way, blue bikes are faster... in case you were wondering... Thanks again everybody, and hope you are having as much fun as I am!

Cheers,
Alex aka GOSTAZ

[IMG]local://upfiles/7003/D990D2432BBC44668D2A786847A4A6F5.jpg[/IMG]

lil_gmac2 01-04-2006 02:59 PM

This haven't happen to me yet.

FireHawk 01-05-2006 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: GOSTAZ

Guys,
First off, thanks for the insights... and Cheyenne, I shoulda searched first, and since your post, I did, and found some good stuff. Sounds like I will take a ride to the dealer, and see what we can figure out. Glad that I have some time to get everything sorted out while there is not much riding weather. A few of my buds were calling me "old man" for getting a bagger, but I really like the way this bike is set up, and it handles really nice! I was riding the other day with the stereo cranked, in the middle of nowhere, and I gotta tell you, I had a grin on my face that would not quit. Made my face hurt. I had some chops, a few ricers, and some german stuff, but nothing has come close to the fun factor of my Glide. And by the way, blue bikes are faster... in case you were wondering... Thanks again everybody, and hope you are having as much fun as I am!

Cheers,
Alex aka GOSTAZ

[IMG]local://upfiles/7003/D990D2432BBC44668D2A786847A4A6F5.jpg[/IMG]
Huh! And here I thought Black bikes were faster. Go figure! :D

allyall 01-05-2006 06:35 PM

No problems with my CD player yet. I bought mine with 1,200 miles on it a few's months ago, everything is tight so far.
Oh, remember that saying, Once you go Black...

80 plus degree's in Austin the last week, perfect riding conditions.

CHEYENNE 01-05-2006 09:51 PM

Black is faster and the Pearl adds about 10hp:D

Make sure to check out the NEW Hogtune speakers when PEZ releases them to the public. Will only make your experience that much better ;)

HURRY up PEZ...Lol I'm gonna be tearing my bike apart soon :D

zopi 01-05-2006 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: FireHawk

Huh! And here I thought Black bikes were faster. Go figure! :D
Nope, but they are cheaper! :D:D