Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED ON CLEAR SADDLEBAG PROTECTORS

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 12:37 PM
profinish
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED ON CLEAR SADDLEBAG PROTECTORS

Hey Guys...

I’ve had a lot of questions regarding the 3M saddlebag protectors. I’ll do my best to answer those questions and shed some light on both the product and installation process as well.

Having been installing this product in the automotive aftermarket for the past 13 years, the knowledge and experience I have gained will be current and credible.

First off, the saddlebag protectors (or any other of my pre-cut kits) are made from 3rd Generation 3M clear-coated urethane film (latest and greatest) and CAD cut using XPEL design access program cutting software. The type of film and cutting software used are very critical in terms of durability and fitment.

The Film. The 3M Paint Protection Film comes with a 5-yr warranty from the factory. This warranty guarantees the film will not crack, peel, fade, de-laminate, lose gloss or harm the paint in any way. I have personally had this film on all of my bikes and cars over the years. I have seen this film last upwards of 10 years without distortion or discoloration. This film is semi-permanent and can be removed if necessary without harming the paint by following the removal process. This film is also clear-coated. There are other films on the market which are not clear-coated and not as durable and will lose gloss as early as 90 days after installation.

The Cutting Software. The software used is important for precise fitment. If the software patterns are not properly digitized, the fitment will not be precise and the final outcome will look as good.

The Installation. This is the difference between a good job and a bad one. While it takes someone with experience to install multiple pieces with compound curves, the flat pieces (i.e., saddlebag lids, fenders, tanks) can be installed easily by anyone who can follow simple directions. The most important aspect of the install is the preparation. A clean surface prepped with rubbing alcohol, clean hands and a dust-free environment would be required. The film does stretch and will mold to any curvature. During the installation process, the film may be lifted up and repositioned if necessary if you make a mistake.

If there is every any problem with an installation, I can be reached by phone to walk you through the installation if necessary. If I failed to answer any question, please PM me and I will promptly respond

Old 12-27-2007, 12:44 PM
rome304
Road Warrior
Default RE: YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED ON CLEAR SADDLEBAG PROTECTORS

pics

Old 12-27-2007, 01:00 PM
duke76
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats your telephone number at which you can be reached and or to ask more questions and place orders

Old 12-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Billiam92407
Tourer

Does your pattern fit just the top of the bag lid... or the full lid?

Old 12-27-2007, 05:01 PM
profinish
Banned

You can call me at (925) 200-8556 for questions or whatever. I just did an '07 Road glide today... here's the pics...

This is the film fresh off the plotter...

This is the film cut into the seperate pieces...

This is the Road Glide fairing right out of the HD box...

These next 2 are the finished product installed...can you see the film...I think not.

How could anyone not want this kind of protection on thier scoot?... There's only one chance to keep the integrity of the factory finish fresh... anyone can repaint, but it'll never be the same. Will withstand rock, road debris, chips, sand even chemicals (some anyways)... I think one would be hard pressed to prove me otherwise that this stuff is the s***!

Old 12-27-2007, 07:07 PM
61panhead
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you accommodate saddle bags with the LED lighted spoilers?