Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fishtail slipon straight pipes 06 SG--WORKED!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 02:49 PM
SOcRatEs
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Fishtail slipon straight pipes 06 SG--WORKED!

I'm having trouble finding any fishtail slipon for my '06 FLHXI with V&H dresser dual headers. I think they are 1 3/4".
I don't want any baffle and have latest PCIII usb installed so I can adjust as needed.
I love the look and sound of em!
Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you in advance!!

Hoping for something like this:
rezorected thread
https://www.hdforums.com/m_502529/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Old 04-10-2008, 11:41 AM
97FLHT
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fishtail slipon straight pipes 06 SG

I have straight fishtail on my FLHT 1 3/4 from samson. your right they do sound great

good luck

97FLHT

Old 04-10-2008, 11:50 AM
97FLHT
Banned

fORGOT TO TELL YOU! You will want these inside you head pipes right away. Well worth the money

97FLHT

Old 04-10-2008, 11:51 AM
97FLHT
Banned

SORRY FORGOT THE LINK YOU'LL NEED.
http://www.bigcitythunder.com/

97 FLHT

Old 04-12-2008, 04:30 PM
SOcRatEs
Cruiser

Thank you 97FLHT!
Been reading the whole site..... got serious case of TMI.
THUNDER MONSTERS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH FUEL INJECTION!
Much controversy (and apparent confusion) surrounds the issue of exhaust "back-pressure". Many performance-minded people who are otherwise knowledgeable still cling tenaciously to the old school concept.... "You need more back-pressure for better performance."
There are so many varying ideas on what is right for any application. I was told by a trusted friend and HD mech. that fishtails or any open pipe will not work with my FLHXI. Fuel injection being the key , even tho I don't have O2 sensors to worry about. He refused to sell them to me saying he did'nt want to create unhappy customer. I've aslo heard the exact opposite. samsom m-128's 33in 1 1/34 seem to be the best fit/length for my bike. Being 1 piece pipes, no baffle can be installed.
There is so much controversy and speculation, it appears to me they just want to take one more juicy wet bite outta my A$$. Seems no straight up answers....
I just don't have the dough to play around til I get it right.. For time being I do nada.... sucks too!

Old 04-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Lucky Scott
Cruiser

Saw a company called Freedom selling them at the lONG BEACH swap meet in cali.
They had slip ons with the fishtail for $300 installed. I'm doing it next time Im there.
The pipes are the same size as the header pipes and they also sell a baffle for inside in case they are too loud or you get a ticket.
Google em! They are in southern california maybe Los angeles area.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

ck your pm's

Old 04-14-2008, 09:45 AM
97FLHT
Banned

I am glad to hear this helped. I have a best friend with a 2002 police fuel inject roadking he installed the baffles first. they work perfectly. I love to hear all the spectulation We have all been there at some point I know these truely work...first hand. The dealers hate drag pipes of any kind, I believe its because of a lacking of knowing how to resolve the poping issue on decel. Like I said earlier this is called a baffle, however its not what everyone expects.

For everyone else follow the link above in my earlier post everyone will benefit from this. In the spirit of this forum thats why we are here. We all can guess or we all can follow something that is proven by fellow riders...I chose the later. I consider this thunder city baffles fact I have witnessed about ten bikes all with different systems with these installed all with positive results.

ITS A MUST HAVE FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!

97FLHT

Old 04-14-2008, 10:38 AM
jws833
Novice

on my 03 road king i have samsons with 33 in. samson fishtails and I have used bigcity thunder they work great but it changed the sound a bit i took them off just running straight fish tails &true duels on the soft tail they wont be 33 in. they will come out two the end of the tire not like a bagger there 33in. yours for a soft tail are 28in. or 30in. one of those the other member talkin about long beach swap is right you can get them there are you in so. cal? most my partners with soft tails get fish tails that are 33in. or 34in.longthats about 6in. from the back wheel maybe more allso my 03 has a 95 in 204 cam p/c111 hope this will help email me back if any questions John

Old 04-18-2008, 06:41 PM
SOcRatEs
Cruiser

Thank you every one!

Domestic Violence,
Thank you for selling and shipping them to me
You RAWK!
WHOLLY F'in SH*T! They are loud!
Installed torque cones with them and bike runs perfect!
Was running a little rich before, now seems to have balanced out..
Took about 2 hrs. complete. Torque cones, drop diameter at the head to 1 1/2in, new exhaust gaskets (thinner than stock) $20.
They are 33in 1 3/4 samson fishtails.
Just took em out for 10 miles, have not noticed any drop in torque/HP in the top or bottom end. Not hard to keep em quite.
Idle is same, temp is same.

Finally a ME bike!
Just want the 21in 3.5 dual brake spoke front wheel now.

Quick Reply: Fishtail slipon straight pipes 06 SG--WORKED!