Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D FLHTP Police Electra Glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 12:21 PM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 444 Posts

I would look at the wiring for the siren. Sometimes when the police equipment is removed the wires are just cut and that might cause a short. You also should pickup the Service Manual Supplement for the Police model which would have the wiring diagrams for you bike.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:40 PM
SteveG_UK
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A Police FLHTP in the UK.

This is my first ever FLHTP... I live in the UK and we were given the option of purchasing a bunch of brand new Electra Glides at about £4K or US$6K below the list price.

The only changes so far are the single seat has been complimented by a two tourer seat for when my son wants to ride with me, plus pillion footboards.

This is my third HD and by far the best!! I use it as an everyday "commuter" bike, my daily ride is 20 miles each way and the bike handles like a dream! Plus all of the lights are fully functional.... handy when I need to "alert" car drivers that I am filtering through traffic. The only thing I really need to add now is a siren, as the siren system is all wired in and fully operational.

Music wise, I thought of adding in a bluetooth amp under the batwing fairing with some marine standard high quality speakers... it rains a LOT here in the Uk it seems.

Steve

My first ever FLHTP... I live in the UK!

Old 10-19-2016, 04:09 AM
Jack the Lad
Tourer
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts

Steve, If you ever think about selling the Police seat give us a shout, I'm just down the road from you.

Old 06-19-2017, 02:36 PM
Blue sheep
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My new left-over 2016 FLHTP had the emergency lights switch removed from the handlebar and it was replaced with the factory radio control switch by Harley. Anyone ever come across this, I'm wondering if that switch will actually work after I install a radio? Anyone have any pics of what that connection should look like for it to work?

Old 06-22-2017, 01:30 PM
homefront
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jack the Lad
Steve, If you ever think about selling the Police seat give us a shout, I'm just down the road from you.
I have low back issues. The police seat has made all the difference.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:31 PM
wloczewskijr
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '13 FLHTP wheel bearings.

My L/E eats front wheel bearings. Purchased by from local HD dealer (used) in 2014 with 4400 miles. First set from factory replaced at 9000 miles. Second set replaced 17,000 miles. HD shop said "New and Improved" were installed. I though front wheel bearings were built to last 100K. Has any other L/E bike had this issue?
Thanks,
John

Old 07-07-2018, 08:12 AM
weelbur2
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fortunately, no....2009 FLHTP just shy of 80K miles and I've never had any wheel bearing issues; hope you get your problems rectified soon.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:31 AM
subgunner
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Have a 2013 RK police model can tell you check the transmission carefully. Police are very hard on the shift linkage and transmission because the shift a lot and stomp. My 2004 RK police lost the linkage on a tour, luckily not far from a dealer who had a spare in stock. The 2013 had the tranny replaced under warranty, If careful you should be good.
You can get push buttons to replace the hockey pucks but way too much trouble and less convenient in my opinion. Get chrome if they bother you.
Ride two up mostly so stock touring "hammock" seat installed. Passenger loves it.
Chopped tour pak was installed on the stock radio rack. Yes you have to clear the bag lids.
Was able to add cruise control using the siren buttons, they wired right into the stock harness.Only have on off and set but it gets it done.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:52 AM
subgunner
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by subgunner
Have a 2013 RK police model can tell you check the transmission carefully. Police are very hard on the shift linkage and transmission because the shift a lot and stomp. My 2004 RK police lost the linkage on a tour, luckily not far from a dealer who had a spare in stock. The 2013 had the tranny replaced under warranty, If careful you should be good.
You can get push buttons to replace the hockey pucks but way too much trouble and less convenient in my opinion. Get chrome if they bother you.
Ride two up mostly so stock touring "hammock" seat installed. Passenger loves it.
Chopped tour pak was installed on the stock radio rack. Yes you have to clear the bag lids.
Was able to add cruise control using the siren buttons, they wired right into the stock harness.Only have on off and set but it gets it done.
Just thought I would add a pic. Don't listen to the radio very often even in the car so can't comment on it.