Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electronic Throttle by wire diagram?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Blkprl44
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic Throttle by wire diagram?

I'm in the middle of replacing the bars on my '08 uc. The bar I ordered is perfect...perfect in terms of
reach and looks. It arrived w/o notches or hole for wires. I've taken care of the notches and entry hole
w/ a fly wheel.

OK, so I'm feeling good moving along and find out that I can't run the TBW throught the bars becase the small green connector
is to big for the dimple. Don't ask why (I'm sure you can figure it out) but now I need the wiring match-up for the two green connectors inside the bar. I'm going to add longer wires in the bar and soder together. Adding longer wires will allow me to get by
the 'dimple'. Have to laugh, the bike is all torn apart to add cables, wires and stuff and it only has 200+ miles on it.

Any help with the wiring match-up (diagram) would be really helpful.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:48 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,945 Likes on 1,705 Posts
Default RE: Electronic Throttle by wire diagram?

If money ain't an object and you aren't in a hurry, go to the dealer and order pn#32310-08 for $90.......it's the throttle sensor without the little green clip that is used for internally wired bars. Another option is to grind down the dimple andthen lube it up with some cable pulling lube like the contractors use.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:59 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dawg

If money ain't an object and you aren't in a hurry, go to the dealer and order pn#32310-08 for $90.......it's the throttle sensor without the little green clip that is used for internally wired bars. Another option is to grind down the dimple andthen lube it up with some cable pulling lube like the contractors use.
DAWG, have you actually seen this #32310-08 in person? How does it compare to the stock molex connector in size? You don't by chance have a pic do you? I went with the cut and solder method on the TBW and it works perfect.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:08 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,945 Likes on 1,705 Posts

I have not actually seen it in person and as of yet I do not have a picture of one. Our shop doesn't have one in stock and probably won't get one unless someone orders it. I know that NAMZ offers wiring extensions and such for them and so far I haven't heard of any resistance issues with folks splicing them.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:03 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well if you find a moment while your moonlighting at you local dealer see if you can't find a pic of this unit and PM it to me. No hurry, just sometime if you get the chance, or if someone orders one up like you said.I'd like to see what it looks like. Thanks DAWG
but now I need the wiring match-up for the two green connectors inside the bar
Just do them one at a time, black to black, red to red. I have the wiring diagram and didn't need to reference it when I soldered mine and I cut the molex connector completely off and just laid it in front of me for a reference.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Blkprl44
Novice

Thanks Dawg, I'll check w/ the local dealer. The cable will have to be much longer than std. to work.

El Rey, did you snip both green connectors andsolder together?

Old 04-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Blkprl44
Novice

I am soldering the wires on either side of the small green connector inside the handlebars. When I tried to pull
the fairing side of the wire thru my new bars the green connector pulled off at the dimple.

On the handle grip side, there are three wires coming out of the yellow sheath (red,wht and blk) and there are three wires coming out of the black sheath (red, wht, blk).I need to know which wires these red, wht and blk wires connect to. SinceI pulled my other green connector off, I don't have a guide and the wires on the fairing sideare red, purple, grey brwn,blue and black.

Hope I'm making sense...

Thanks!!