Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   AVC on Radio Problems..Still having problems after adjusting!!!!!!!! (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/232466-avc-on-radio-problems-still-having-problems-after-adjusting.html)

riteway 05-12-2008 02:17 PM

AVC on Radio Problems..Still having problems after adjusting!!!!!!!!

OK...My bike is 04..Radio is 02 cassette..Everything works GREAT at idle..But volume gets so loud when riding i have to turn down then when i stop i have to turn up to hear and so on!! I have adjusted avc acording to directions(DAWG..THANKS!!!)..Original at 2 then i set at 1 better than 0 (AVC should be off at 0) but still getting(LOUD) volume raise at speeds..Was told i can disconect (green/white) wire in back of radio to disable AVC...ANYONE know if this is TRUE or any other Info/impute would be very much appriaciated!!!!! Thanks for your time and help its driving me crazzzzzy[:@]....Thanks R.W.

Sharknose 05-12-2008 02:39 PM

RE: AVC on Radio Problems..Still having problems after adjusting!!!!!!!!

I don't think I've ever met anybody whose radio was too loud at speed then too quiet at idle. Mine's just the opposite.

riteway 05-12-2008 02:48 PM

BG.....First time for everything!!!!!...Thanks for impute!!!! R.W.

dowork08 05-12-2008 04:01 PM

do you have a wireing diagram that may help i can look at mine tonight to see what wire could shut the AVC off

jmeyer58 05-12-2008 04:20 PM

I curious, if setting the AVC to 0 shuts it off, why clip a wire?

riteway 05-12-2008 05:04 PM

Jimbo.Even with radio avc on 0 (should be off) it is still working..Must be radio not receiving signal right?...Just thought i would disconnect avc and just manuel adjust it. I think its radio problem but at this point dont want to sink any more $$$ into it.Thanks R.W.

Harleypingman 05-12-2008 05:41 PM

R.W.--the AVC gets its signal from the white/green stripe wire--it's probably in chamber 9 of your Base Audio Connector. (If I PM'ed you and referred to it as green/white, my bad--the speed signal wire is white with green stripe in chamber 9 according to my '04 HD Service Manual wiring diagram.)

Whether disconnecting this wire will take the radio out of AVC (so you don't have the volume changing) I don't know--removing the wire will prevent the bike's speed signal from getting to the radio, however.

Give Radio Sound a call; they're HD's supplier of the radio you have, and they are good about providing customer service. Here's their number: 502 267-6768.

riteway 05-12-2008 08:17 PM

Harleypingman....

Once again Thanks for your impute, i will call Radio Sound and see if they can give me further updates!!!! R.W.

jmeyer58 05-12-2008 08:36 PM

Harleypingman has it right,
According to my 02 service manualthe speed signal from the speedo to the radio is a White with Green Stripe wire. It is located in the back of the radio at pin 9 in connector 27. This is the connector on the lower left of the radio when looking directly at the back. Hope this helps.