Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ride Baja to Cabo San Lucas

Old 05-29-2008, 05:36 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 482 Likes on 367 Posts
Default RE: ride Baja to Cabo San Lucas

Yep, thats exactly what I was saying, ya the SCORE guys are all havinga bad go of it driving up through the borders.

Mike

ORIGINAL: Firetender

ORIGINAL: mikes300

the border towns are a real mess, definatly stay away from them, far a way, once far from them its really not bad a t all, I go down to PV or Cabo a few times a year with zero issues, like the other said look where all the violence is, its all in the border towns, oh and I called ATT and got my phone to work there for 10 bucks, dont try that with Sprint though LOL,it was easy. and Sammy Hagar sold Cabo Wabo

Mike
Those tourist meccas are "safe" because they are ringed with security checkpoints. You want to fly in, and fly out, and not travel beyond the checkpoints to other cities. Trust me on this one. Even my SCORE off-road racing team buddies are out of the game, it's just too sketchy.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:39 PM
dreamcatcher2007
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I must be pretty dam lucky to have gotten out of there alive according to all these reports from those in the "know". I spent six weeks in Baja and Mexico, solo, speaking very little spanish and had zero problems. Met many folks doing the same, quite a few on bicycles, no less, who were rough camping.

I didnt go to Tijuana or near the larger border towns; would you go into any impoverished bad side of town in the USA? Of course not, stay away from them.

Buncha baby'sin this thread... am ashamedofyou. Your not willing to step into the ring, just a bystander watching the world go by living in fear. You should be riding a scooter in the bicycle lanes on the weekends and your BMW 4x4 during the week. Stop riding the American symbol of freedom, you disgrace it!

The America's are beautiful and rich,by far outweighing the negative sensationalism you read about in the papers and by those supposedly in the "know". You folks keep living in fear, there will be more room for me to ride and dodgebullets from all those evil people...

Old 05-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master

ORIGINAL: dreamcatcher2007

I think I must be pretty dam lucky to have gotten out of there alive according to all these reports from those in the "know". I spent six weeks in Baja and Mexico, solo, speaking very little spanish and had zero problems. Met many folks doing the same, quite a few on bicycles, no less, who were rough camping.

I didnt go to Tijuana or near the larger border towns; would you go into any impoverished bad side of town in the USA? Of course not, stay away from them.

Buncha baby'sin this thread... am ashamedofyou. Your not willing to step into the ring, just a bystander watching the world go by living in fear. You should be riding a scooter in the bicycle lanes on the weekends and your BMW 4x4 during the week. Stop riding the American symbol of freedom, you disgrace it!

The America's are beautiful and rich,by far outweighing the negative sensationalism you read about in the papers and by those supposedly in the "know". You folks keep living in fear, there will be more room for me to ride and dodgebullets from all those evil people...
When the top federal law enforcement officials in the country are being assasinated one by one (even having armed body guards with them) and the local police chiefs are requesting asilum in the United States because of their fear that tells me one thing... It's bad there. Why would you even want to take a chance???

And it's not the bad areas where the murders are taking place. Do you think the drug cartels who make $100 Billion per year live in the slums? These murders and shootouts are taking place downtown, in the bad residential areas, in the "rich" upperclass residential areas, and the tourist locations as well.

9 times out of 10 you will be okay, but I don't want to be that 1 who gets caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. Glad you enjoyed your trip and made it safe. You can call me a cry baby all you want- this baby is more intelligent than you obviously.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:28 PM
dreamcatcher2007
Cruiser

Just tellin the facts man, from a brother who has been there.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:37 PM
dreamcatcher2007
Cruiser

So I guess your putting on about 5 miles a week?