Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Andrews TW26A installed, Dyno Results Little dissapointed

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 06:19 PM
jcboof
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Andrews TW26A installed, Dyno Results Little dissapointed

Hey guys,&nbsp\\; After getting everything done on my RKC I finally had it dyno'd today.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I'm currently running a set of Hooker Tuned Flow slipons and a Screamin Eagle stage 1 A/C.&nbsp\\; 2002 RKC with 23000 miles.
&nbsp\\;
HP= 67.27
TQ= 78.48
&nbsp\\;
This was done in 89degree heat with 53% humidity.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
I'm just not really that pleased with the numbers though,&nbsp\\; Seat of the pants feels good but I was really hoping for around 70-75HP and 80-85TQ.
&nbsp\\;
Do my numbers seem low for an 2002?

Old 06-27-2008, 06:26 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Andrews TW26A installed, Dyno Results Little dissapointed

sounds like you need some head work to get your #,s up the tq is more important anyways

Old 06-27-2008, 06:37 PM
G wizz
Cruiser

&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\; Well, ... Near's I can tell from reading your message, I'd have to say your problem has to do with having too much chrome on your bike. It's a proven fact, chrome sucks the horsepower right out of a twin cam motor. Can't tell ya why that is though.
&nbsp\\;Actually, I had about the same things done on my 99 Road King,&nbsp\\;and&nbsp\\;had about the same results. Then I had some head work done, along with a reworked carb, and that woke the motor up a bunch.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\; G wizz

Old 06-27-2008, 06:57 PM
jcboof
Tourer

Well,&nbsp\\; I didnt think about the heads,&nbsp\\; Hell the 06 stock heads outflow the 02 heads.&nbsp\\; Maybe there is some headwork in the future!&nbsp\\; But for now,&nbsp\\; I gotta start savin my pennies again!&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I did the cams myself and I have a total of $265 into the cams with install and $280 for 3.5 hours on the dyno! So I'd have to say I did pretty good!

Old 06-27-2008, 07:43 PM
martin1
Cruiser

I had an 04 stage 1 with SE slip on mufflers. Made 70hp and 78ft lbs with dyno tune. Added Supertrapp 2 into 1 and TW26 cams. Made 76hp and 84ft lbs with dyno tune. The cams were probably good for about half of the gain. Realistically this cam makes about 3 more hp in a stock 88. FWIW. By the way, after it was all said and done adding the Supertrapp and cams was not worth the expense based on the gains.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Lincolnhog
Tourer

Hookers are REALLY hard to dial in
My buddy had 6 hrs on the dyno at R+R, before they gave up.
There is just something about that pipe.
He put on Bassani's,,,an hr later it was awesome.
just sharing info...........

The mrs runs them on her stock 96
pic enclosed,,,,
She is at 80/82 with a race tuner and se air.
althought the gear reduction makes it feel a LOT higher

[IMG]local://upfiles/61405/096226D38CE141EF972E0097802C21BD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-28-2008, 08:40 AM
jcboof
Tourer

What pipes would be good for power then?&nbsp\\; After alot of research I've found that the Hookers are a good Power slipon but that obviously is not terribly correct for my situation here,&nbsp\\; I absolutely love how the pipes sound,&nbsp\\; They are loud and have the deepest sound I've heard on a basically stock 88"er.
I've considered 2-1 but I dont want to give up the Dual look on my Old School lookin scoot.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:03 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

Your tune is wrong.&nbsp\\; My 06 Ultra- 88 with 26G cams and V&amp\\;H Ovals, SERT and Air cleaner, 81 HP and 86 TQ&nbsp\\; = 43 MPG

Old 06-28-2008, 12:50 PM
jcboof
Tourer
Default UPDATE: Andrews TW26A installed, Dyno Results Little dissapointed

UPDATE:,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\ \\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I called the dealer this morning and talked to them a little about the numbers,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; He said to bring it back and they'd do what they could to get them closer to what i expected.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
After about 1 1/2 hours on the dyno again,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; we now have 70HP and 83ft lbs of Torque.&nbsp\\; 83 degrees w/71% humidity \\\\\\; I'm a bit happier now.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
dgriffith:&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; You have an 06 and I have an 02,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; the 06 heads flow much better than mine,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; and you also have gear drive which frees up a couple ponies.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I'm planning on doing some headwork this winter and hopefully I'll be over 80HP and 85-90TQ.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
OH,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The dyno guy just happened to be the owner of the dealership and he was a standup guy!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; He told me they were having a PowerCommander class in a few weeks and if they learn any new tips or tricks, he'll give me a call and have me bring it in again!
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

Old 06-28-2008, 02:55 PM
jcboof
Tourer
Default RE: UPDATE: Andrews TW26A installed, Dyno Results Little dissapointed

Does Humidity and temperature have an effect on tuning?&nbsp\\; The dealer said that with more ideal heat and humidity we should expect to see&nbsp\\;better numbers

Quick Reply: Andrews TW26A installed, Dyno Results Little dissapointed