Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apes on the Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 01:45 PM
cHiLi_11
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Apes on the Street Glide?

BadX, all I can say is WOW...the bike so clean! Whats your review on the bars? Is it ok with your hands being above the fairing? Are they comfortable on long rides? Would you do anything diffrent if you did it again?

glide2005, I really want to see the pics but for what ever reason I cant view the attachment. Any possibility you can e-mail me the pics. I also have the same questions for you.Whats your review on the bars? Is it ok with your hands being above the fairing? Are they comfortable on long rides? Would you do anything diffrent if you did it again?

Thanks for the the pics guys, keep posting them!

Nick

Old 07-02-2008, 05:33 PM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I sent you the pics Chili-11.I don't know why mine show up in an X,and others show the pic.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:18 PM
G$
Road Captain
Location: LexVegas, KY...home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses

mine are 15" paughcos.&nbsp\\; +8 all the way around on the cables. Wiring these z-bars are&nbsp\\;NOT for the faint of heart. [sm=helpout.gif]
Cables for 07 &amp\\; 08 are readily available from Johnny Vaughn at www.HDbikeparts.com&nbsp\\;

&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Sorry no pics...but I have the 13" Cyclesmiths on my 08 SG (w/ABS) and freakin love them.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I commute 150 miles round trip everyday...no comfort issues.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I think you will be happy with any of the apes mentioned here.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
BTW,&nbsp\\; Chili_11, I dig the quote you're rockin' in your signature.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008, 03:47 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: cHiLi_11

BadX, all I can say is WOW...the bike so clean! Whats your review on the bars? Is it ok with your hands being above the fairing? Are they comfortable on long rides? Would you do anything diffrent if you did it again?

Nick
&nbsp\\;
Nick,&nbsp\\; I love the bars.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I've done 450 mile days with them and have had no problems.&nbsp\\; I can't say I would recommend them for everyone but if you like riding with apes then yes I would recommend them, other than their price being somewhat high compared to others out there they are great bars and the quality is second to none.&nbsp\\; I went with the super size kit also to save time and PYO shipped everything together and it included everything needed except brake fluid which was helpful also that way there was no guessing on what I needed and the wires were precut to the correct length.&nbsp\\; I can't think of anything different I would have done and feel this is one of the best projects I have done to the bike as far as making it comfortable for me.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:34 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Gtsdesigns

ORIGINAL: BadPiggy

Paul Yaffe has some bagger apes.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
www.baggernation.com
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
i bought those (12s) and blacked them out, i plan on putting them on soon, need to figure out 2008 wire extension and brake/clutch cable length, my friend said i need 8" over for my 12s...
Once again, www.baggernation.com has the installation kit listed.
Includes everything needed to install the longer wires/cables.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:50 AM
glide2005
Supporter

No regrets with mine either. Would like to have gone with the 16's,but didn't want to take a chance.I've had&nbsp\\;13's before on other bikes and new what they felt like,so it was a no brainer.The cyclesmith bars a wider than stock,so it took some getting use too, but it wasn't a problem.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:14 AM
cHiLi_11
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: BadX

ORIGINAL: cHiLi_11

Nick
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Nick,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I love the bars.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I've done 450 mile days with them and have had no problems.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I can't say I would recommend them for everyone but if you like riding with apes then yes I would recommend them, other than their price being somewhat high compared to others out there they are great bars and the quality is second to none.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I went with the super size kit also to save time and PYO shipped everything together and it included everything needed except brake fluid which was helpful also that way there was no guessing on what I needed and the wires were precut to the correct length.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I can't think of anything different I would have done and feel this is one of the best projects I have done to the bike as far as making it comfortable for me.
Hmm, well I am really liking the look or your bars the more I see them. Can you tell me why apes are not for everyone. This is a big change for me and I dont want to be sorry. I know for sure I like the look, I just want to be comfortable. Like I said before I have never ridding with apes. With the angle of the grips on the paughcos, I cant tell if they would be more comfortable or not? Either way I really dig the hook look.

Nick

Old 07-07-2008, 03:38 PM
old.gezr
Road Captain

Hey Chili,&nbsp\\; take a look on EBAY at auction # 300238783283.&nbsp\\; It's the Cyclesmith ape hangers, either 13" or 16", &nbsp\\;with all the stainless cables and brake lines and the wire extentions for $489.95 and about $50 shipping.&nbsp\\; Thats a good price.&nbsp\\; It's an Indy shop in Texas.&nbsp\\; Think I'm gonna get mine from them.&nbsp\\; Just wanted to let you know.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you cant go wrong with either the Yaffe or Paughcos. Their both look awesome.
&nbsp\\;