Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjustable Rider Backrest by Harley???

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 07:29 AM
OD_Cleaver
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Adjustable Rider Backrest by Harley???

I have a question on the Adjustable Rider Backrest by Harley.&nbsp\\; Where does the backrest adjuster mount?
&nbsp\\;
The online pictures show the adjuster mounting on the left side center of the seat.&nbsp\\; My friendly salesman says that it mounts on the left side front of the seat and that it will interfer with the mid frame heat deflectors.
&nbsp\\;
So which is it, front or center?&nbsp\\; Will it interfer with the heat deflectors or not?
&nbsp\\;
I have a 08 EGC.&nbsp\\; The P/N of the backrest is 52622-03A.&nbsp\\; I am using the Kuryakyn heat deflectors.
&nbsp\\;
Thanks,

Old 07-03-2008, 07:33 AM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Default RE: Adjustable Rider Backrest by Harley???

it does not interefer with the RJ Originals sold here on the forum.&nbsp\\;They work great and he walked me through the install.&nbsp\\; Great product, great guy!

Old 07-03-2008, 07:36 AM
halfbreed
Cruiser

I mounted mine on the left side center. Worked good for me, although once I had the backrest adjusted to my comfort, I never have moved it! I will be ordering the R. J. Originals.
&nbsp\\;Halfbreed

Old 07-03-2008, 09:48 AM
harpoon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I hijack this a bit if you don't mind.&nbsp\\; Does this backrest fold down (Forward) flat then not in use?&nbsp\\; and exactly how does is adjust? can it be done while riding or do you need tool to change it between rides.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Thanks alot
&nbsp\\;
Harpoon

Old 07-03-2008, 10:00 AM
ssihogdog
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: harpoon

Can I hijack this a bit if you don't mind.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Does this backrest fold down (Forward) flat then not in use?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; and exactly how does is adjust? can it be done while riding or do you need tool to change it between rides.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Thanks alot
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Harpoon
Folds down for rider to mount if necessary, stay down?&nbsp\\; No, it is spring loaded.&nbsp\\; Mine adjusts up/down (height) and you can adjust the lean angle, and yes while riding.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008, 10:02 AM
dt20
Tourer

backrest is spring loaded or piston cant remember.&nbsp\\; no when not in use it does not lay flat it can be pussed foward to allow passanger to get on.&nbsp\\; you can adjust the backrest while riding you just pull the tab under you left leg and released the spring.

i had the harley heat deflectors on mine just like the kuryakin ones and it was one or the other as they both mount in the same place and the sheilds are a little futher in so you really wound be able to get to the adjustment tab.&nbsp\\; I have heard that the rj deflectors will work with the adjustable backrest just fine.&nbsp\\; may pick&nbsp\\; up a set myself but heat hasnt been to bad after putting true duels on.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:05 AM
earlehd
Cruiser

I have the adjustable, I change seating positions while riding a lot. On long trips it lets you change seating positions easily, on the fly. It works with the Kuryakin heat shields also. I do not know about the Harley ones.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the best things I have done to my bike for comfort! Even on long rides I never have a sore back, plus when grabbing a handful of throttle, the back rest keeps you from having to hold yourself with your arms!

Old 07-03-2008, 10:36 AM
harpoon
Cruiser

Thanks everyone you answered all of my questions.&nbsp\\; So now that I am excited to get one I just looked it up and just fell out of my chair.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; $300.00&nbsp\\; OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 10:45 AM
snafu
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Order it from Zanotti's or Lakeshore HD.&nbsp\\; You will save 20 -25%.&nbsp\\; I purchased mine from Zanotti's and it was around $255 with shipping (no taxes either).&nbsp\\; I ordered it on a Monday and it arrived on Thursday of the same week.

Quick Reply: Adjustable Rider Backrest by Harley???