Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prior to new 09 frame, when did touring frame last change?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 08:22 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Prior to new 09 frame, when did touring frame last change?

Yeah, dandil, there was a cop who drifted his way right into Hog Heaven. Lot's of police departments have given up on the Harley in favor of BMW or other brands. Here's the link
http://www.newsobserver.com/print/tu...y/1094197.html
&nbsp\\;

Old 08-03-2008, 08:24 AM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Guys,
&nbsp\\;New bikes shouldn'r wobble. It takes the right conditions to wobble. Wear(tire,pivot points, and motor mounts) along with load distribution and external factors(wind, road conditions, speed and driver input) cause it.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:47 AM
ChiefGator
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bike is an '82. The battery is on the right side and not under the seat. It is also significantly taller than the new bikes. But, I have a '94-96 Road King, Corbin seat and when I installed the new wiring harness, it was the '94-96 RK OEM harness.
As mentioned above, the frame has not changed much in many years.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Outlaw7x77
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Wobble/Drift? What Stabilizer??? I have this problem too.

I'm not sure...I haven't read every post on this: but I have noticed a sort of high speed wobble on my '07 Ultra while cornering at higher speeds (like on I-5 in Northern California...doing 85-95 while blowing by Goldwings...) and it does seem to be the way the rear wheel is tracking as opposed to the front...like it drifts, corrects, drifts, corrects, on/off like that till your our of the corner. It feels as though it were a throbbing drift if you will, sort of on and off, like the guy said below,it corrects itself, but it is a bit a WHOA feeling. So, what is this "Stabilizer" everyone's talking about?

Originally Posted by StreetGlideMedic
On a few touring bies there is a slight drift on the rear...at times it can be cure with tightening up the rear...but at other times is needs a stabilizer.&nbsp\\; My SG has that drift...it's not really a wobble per say.&nbsp\\; The rear wheel will not track true to the front in turns...especially on entrance and exit turns at speeds...you can feel the sway of the rear.&nbsp\\; Also at above average highway speeds you can feel this drift...but this is a self correcting problem...just lower your speeds!&nbsp\\; I have this drift on mine and at least 5 other I know with touring bikes have this issue.&nbsp\\; Some it drive nuts...other learn to live with it...others just get the stabilizer and see the difference immediately.&nbsp\\; Mike

Old 10-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Outlaw7x77
Cruiser

I'd sure like to see the Water-cooled Porsche Engine on a Touring bike. I like Tradition, but I'm sure glad I'm not riding on a 1948 Indian Chief all the way to Mexico and back. I just got back from a 3000 miler and three times while I was on the trip I got hooked up riding in a group of Goldwingers...Hey they all rode well together, I ain't saying nothing bad about 'em. But they were riding at about 80-85 or so. That's all fine but; I was traveling by myself so it doesn't take long and I get bored with a group, even at 85mph... So (for fun) I pass the group (always pass in the slow lane because these guys think they're going fast enough to be in the passing lane...) It was funny coming home, I was going north on I-5 in the Siskiyou's and the above happened and the leader of the Goldwing Group sees me go by and wasn't having it...he picked it up and pretty much left his own group as if to show his guys that no Harley is gonna pass his Goldwing on a 85mph corner...So were now doing 90, and the guy was right in behind me...which begs another response...so I in turn kick it up to 95 and I pull away from him quite a ways...he then attempts to hang but only manages a moment or so, and he then backs way off and returns to his group...I then just motor away in 4th gear, (and I love this part,) shift into 5th (I know they can hear it)...motor away further...(and I really love this)...then shift it into 6th gear...sort of like, F-You Honda's...YOU CAN'T HANG! Juvenile I know, but fun as heck.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:33 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Sir, check the post date.

The last time this thread was relevant, OBL had fewer holes in his dead, bloated carcass, G Dbuya Bush was in office, and gas was...wait, nope, gas was still an arm and a leg.

AMERICA! **** YEAH!

Old 11-17-2018, 03:00 PM
rzyloney
Stage II
Default 2012 h-d flhtk

hello
i have a 2012 H-D 103 motor and trans. from a FLHTK . What frames are available to for this model ? I'm flying blind -help needed please .
Thanks Barry