Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stay away from St. Augustine HD. Rude...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 04:59 PM
swirvin1234
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice as I will check around with Ocala, BIG Bruce in daytona and the others. I was just blown away of how the new dealership has changed from the previous owners, its a shame there is no more loyalty. Both my previous purchases were flawless with no bs. I am in sales myself and I couldn't imagine speaking the way I was talked to especially with someone that knows exactly what they want and is willing to wait for it.
As far as pricing - I am looking at a vivid black and this is my guesimation without the dealer fees:
$16,999.00 - MSRP
$795.00 - ABS
$345.00 - Security
$375.00 - Freight
$18,514.00- total
$19,809.98 - with tax - 6%

I guess its time to start shopping around...

Old 08-08-2008, 06:27 PM
JacktheBagger
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Mathews2 , who you dealing with ??

Heart of Dixie or Riders ?

I skipped Montgomery on this bike , cause the previous owner who I had known and worked for many years is no longer actively running it .. They a bunch of idjits in Montgomery now ..

I got mine from Heart of Dixie , seemed nice enuff and friendly , at least they speak to you when you walk in the door and acknowledge the fact you walked in ..

Taking in tomorrow for TourPak install and 1k service and hopefully no run around on recall ..

Old 08-08-2008, 06:35 PM
mduggan
Cruiser

Hard to say about a bottom line price right now, but I think that building in St. Augustine is posessed with the spirit of A$$holes. It doesn't seem to matter who I talk to down there, they are all rude. I live in Middleburg and I go to Gainesville HD whenever possible. They know how to act when they're taking large sums of your money. Adamec HD used to get some of my business until they took my dyna for a test ride before they put oil in it.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:52 PM
whoop72
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you get it all in writing. When I bought mine, the deal made was no shipping and no set up. When I went into close, they tried to add both on. Fortunately I had it all on an invoice and they did honor it.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:01 PM
krgs2k
Cruiser

I have had a good experience at Destination, Adamac, Seminole, and Gator to mention just a few. St. Augustine/Hollingsworth is easly the worst I have delt with.
I will only go there if they are the last choice.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:01 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by swirvin1234
I went in on Monday and explained exactly what I wanted and was looking to spend 19500, they wouldn't give price and told me they would call me tomorrrow, well today I finally called them and they still didn't have a price.
Thats a ****ty way of doing business.What do they,make up the pricing as they go?
The dealers around here have price tags on the bikes.Some of the dealers break the prices down and others have a total but will break the costs down if you ask.
Go somewhere else that is more honest.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:30 PM
confused
Road Captain

Brother in law just got his 08 from Gators, the dealer in Leesburg
Seminole gave me a good price and then a week later went up $1200, and then when I went back he asked if I was ready and I had to tell him I already purchased a bike. So what does he say, " you should have told me" I said " I did, but you raised the price on me". He couldn't say anything after that. It is close to me and I have taken it there for service, but had to go back to New Symrna and they fixed the FBW throttle problem.

Good Luck

I do think you may find the dealers are NOT ready to start dealing on 09's as they have to clear out there 08's. That said, you may find that dealer who is hurting and ready to make a sale.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:32 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

They gave you a price.....you tried to low ball them. They stood by their price....so you walk. (Especially if the manager says you shouldn't BUG the owner with such a low offer)
You thought $19800 was good...they said $20800. $1000 is not a BIG hurdle.
Is this the first time you have bought a vehicle?
Don't go away mad.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:08 PM
swirvin1234
Advanced

themensh, I see you point of view when it comes down to dollar for dollar, but the way it was handled will **** poor and a waste of my time and that is my issue. It just baffles me that a dealership sales staff would have no tact to there technique. Proud of the product is good, but blowning off a serious, 2 time customer that knows exactly what they want is crazy in my opinion. Bottom line, They lost a customer and hopefully others on this forum won't have to waste there time with these jokers...

I called both Rossmeyer and Ocala and will have prices tomorrow. So we shall see...

Old 08-12-2008, 05:37 AM
Roadjunkie1
Banned

Wonder what the cost in Canada would be?

Quick Reply: Stay away from St. Augustine HD. Rude...