Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show me your Road King Handlebars!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 02:05 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by roadhog96
One other thing I probably should mention is when you go to any bar that is higher in the height compared to the stock bars you would be better off switching to the better handlebar bushings I believe there callled neoprene but I could be wrong. Anyway the increased height gives you more leverage and when you push the bike the stock rubber bushings tend to want to move we're as the better ones stay put if that makes any sense, they work any it's an easy cheap swap.
You're thinking of polyurethane, and I agree.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:16 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Cool WO 508's

So over the winter I had WO 508's installed on my 2010 FLHP, and as of now I am also keeping the OEM air ride seat.

These bars look good to me, but I wish they had about another 2-3" of pullback and another 1-2" of rise. Then they would be perfect for this ride set up. I unfortunately have short arms - like the Dino in "Meet The Robinsons". So I need more Pullback like Walken wants cowbell from BOC.

But if I decide to eventually remove the air ride seat and go with some other "solo"-ish seat that does not sit so high and back - these bars will be perfect.

Name:  IMG_1832.jpg
Views: 7047
Size:  173.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1831.jpg
Views: 7129
Size:  231.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1830.jpg
Views: 6874
Size:  203.7 KB

Name:  FLHP-MidModPoint6.jpg
Views: 6993
Size:  243.4 KB

Old 03-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Bobino
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

HD Beach bar with Brawler seat.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:36 PM
ga4boats
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by klaybus
[IMG][/IMG]

I'll chime in one more time. The stock RK bars suck. The "Heritage Style" bars for the RK IMHO suck. I sat on a 2011 Softail Heritage at my dealer & knew these were what I wanted. Very comfortable for ME!
The cost is low, (under $70) require a little modification for the TBW, & are very comfortable for a mini ape. They have approx. a 12" rise, allow you to use your stock TBW, stock clutch cable, & stock front brake lines.
Total cost of this set of bars is roughly $70 & about an hour or two dependent on your ability.
I will attach a photo I have posted before to show the wrist angle difference between the Softail Heritage bars & the "Heritage Style" bars. The Softail Heritage bars are in the plastic. BTW, just got another PM from a HD Forum member in regards to these bars. For the money, I don't think they can be beat!
So Klay, how hard is it to cut the notch for the TBW in the softail bars?

Old 03-18-2012, 08:37 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
I have to agree. I have had a lot of bikes. These were BY FAR the worst stock bars I have ever dealt with...
Another typical poor design so that we run out and buy another set of bars, (like I did the minute I bought the bike). Back and shoulders are lovin' my Heritage style bars.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:44 PM
mike5380
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's my 2010 RK, with new WO502's.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails Show me your Road King Handlebars!-wild1-4.jpg   Show me your Road King Handlebars!-wild1-5.jpg   Show me your Road King Handlebars!-wild1-6.jpg  
Old 03-18-2012, 09:01 PM
ggrif
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Klockwerks Mentele

Just installed these. Liked the idea of not having to change any cables or wires.
Very nice fit and finish. Comfortable, fit me very well.

Attached Thumbnails Show me your Road King Handlebars!-photo-63-.jpg   Show me your Road King Handlebars!-photo-64-.jpg   Show me your Road King Handlebars!-photo-66-.jpg  
Old 03-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Fatbob159
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 03 RKC with 16" Carlini Gangster Apes.
Name:  MyRKwithApes.jpg
Views: 9654
Size:  116.8 KB

Old 03-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I have the Street Slammers internally wired on my 07 Road King Classic with three inch spacerjims, risers installed. They are the most comfortable bars that I have ever had on a street bike. When I first installed them without the spacers I did not like the leaned forward feel. I then had spacerjim make me a pair of three inch spacers and it brought them up to a very comfortable position. I tend to ride aggressively at times and they give me great control and are also very comfortable on long trips. I have ridden about 8000 miles with them now and am very happy with them. They look great on the Road King too !

Old 03-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Rockrivr1
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 41 Posts

I've read so many of these posts my eyes are going to bleed and I'm still not sure which bars I want for my 06 RKC. Someone else asked this question earlier in the post in that a lot of folks indicate they love their Heritage bars, but don't indicate whether it's the Heritage Style or the Heritage Softtail handlebars they love.

Doesn't seem to matter though for an 06 or earlier. Don't see a Heritage Style that's available on HD's web site for my year. I'm not a big fan of apes, so I'm considering either the RK High or the Heritage Softtail. One the first couple pages someone posted a link to a chromed model of these handlebars, which would be the way I'd go.

Question for folks. Listed for an 06 RK on the HD web site they list a Road King Touring Handlebar, but it doesn't give much of a description. Are they just the same bar the comes standard on the bike or something else?

Quick Reply: Show me your Road King Handlebars!