Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Americade

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 03:41 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Americade

Since Myrtle Beach doesn't want my money anymore, I was thinking about the Americade Rally in NY.

Anyone been there and have some opinions on it??

Old 09-14-2008, 03:45 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default americade

I was there a few years ago on a family vacation when we were going to the lake to ski! Had no bike, but there were thousands and the view was amazing!!!! Great rides in the area too.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:52 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We went this year and it was fun. Beautiful area and great places to ride. It's not really a Harley event as much as it is a Honda event IMO.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:55 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by petemac
We went this year and it was fun. Beautiful area and great places to ride. It's not really a Harley event as much as it is a Honda event IMO.
Even better...I love to be different...That's why I have a V-Rod and hopefully within a week a Street Glide!!!

Dealer still says he can't tell me where my bike is...Was supposed to have been shipped from York on Sept. 10th but it's not showing in the computer that it was actually shipped...

Old 09-14-2008, 04:53 PM
piggy
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i LOVE AMERICADE. LOVE THE AREA, GREAT ROADS, BE SURE TO RIDE OVER TO VERMONT AND TASTE SOME ben @ jerrys ICE CREAM, DIAMOND POINT, IS WHERE WE STAY, ON THE LAKE, BE SURE TO EAT AT GEORGES, FOR DINNER, AT LEAST ONCE,( ASK ANYONE)( oh< AND THE PLACE DOESN'T INCREASE PRICES , JUST FOR AMERICADE.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:37 PM
HRLYSG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Americade is a nice event and the area is beautiful with plenty of motels around even if one needs to stay a few miles away. I'm heading up there Friday for a weekend with my H.O.G. sisters and brothers. One ride, we will be taking the ferry and riding over to Vermont. Doesn't get much better than that!

If Myrtle Beach doesn't want the money, I'm sure there are other cash strapped areas that would love it.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:20 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Americade is a great time, lots going on and sorta laid back. Lots of great areas to ride. If you are going to Laconia then it is on the way unless you live in the Northeast corner states. Great vendors selling just about anything you want. Scenic boat rides or para-sailing you choose. Plenty of establishments selling all kinds of libations. Make sure that you have a legal bike, because if the numbers don't match or anything else is hookey one of the check points may get you and keep your bike.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:47 PM
BikerGent
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WE here @ Myrtle beach would love to take your money lol ,Don't listen to the papers . MB is a small area of the rally I am a NYC transplant we are still having the fall Rally and spring rally also .
Please come I don't want my tax to go up I am on a fixed income .
It is all smoke and mirrors the local mayor is telling the old timers what they want to hear ( No More Bikes ) but money talks and Bull &*^% walks . So U allll cumon down ya hear.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Won't go near MB now that the **** has started...........and Americade lost me a few years ago. All the nice riding and scenic areas are still there other times during the year and that's when I'll go there...and now that the NY state authorities have decided to implement the bull**** "checkpoints" during Americade week, I won't ever go near that again either! Too bad, probably the single best (reasonable priced, good variety) assortment of vendors anywhere! I'm waiting until some wizard makes the argument stick that singling out motorcycles for "vehicle safety inspection points" is unconstitutional and they must either stop and inspect EVERY vehicle or none at all without probable cause/reasonable suspicion....this IS still the United States of America???

Old 09-14-2008, 07:20 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ugly Troll
Won't go near MB now that the **** has started...........and Americade lost me a few years ago. All the nice riding and scenic areas are still there other times during the year and that's when I'll go there...and now that the NY state authorities have decided to implement the bull**** "checkpoints" during Americade week, I won't ever go near that again either! Too bad, probably the single best (reasonable priced, good variety) assortment of vendors anywhere! I'm waiting until some wizard makes the argument stick that singling out motorcycles for "vehicle safety inspection points" is unconstitutional and they must either stop and inspect EVERY vehicle or none at all without probable cause/reasonable suspicion....this IS still the United States of America???

Being a retired LEO, your right. Either stop all vehicles or every fifth vehicle, etc or don't do it it all. I'll check the laws up there and see if what their doing is legal. Damn, it seems that no one wants us to have fun and spend our money in their towns anymore....

Quick Reply: Americade