Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Saddlemen Seats? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/287390-saddlemen-seats.html)

Yachtman 10-19-2008 10:56 PM

Saddlemen Seats?

5 Attachment(s)
For those of you that asked the question, here's my first thoughts:

If you want a quality seat:

DO NOT, DO NOT,:mad::mad::mad::mad:
DO NOT NOT NOT NOT:eek::eek::eek:

NOT

order a SADDLEMEN SEAT.:mad::mad::eek::eek:

The quality of workmanship is the worst thing I've ever seen.

And embarassingly enough, I've gone through ringer with them twice.

If you want photos, pm me and I'll email the story and the photos.

These are some misc. photos of both seats they sent me. They don't even look like each other!!

Story to follow...........................

BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

PUKE

IMHO of course

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/attac...1&d=1224474174 https://www.hdforums.com/forum/attac...1&d=1224474261 https://www.hdforums.com/forum/attac...1&d=1224474294 https://www.hdforums.com/forum/attac...1&d=1224474317 https://www.hdforums.com/forum/attac...1&d=1224474394

spizzyman 10-19-2008 11:09 PM

That looks like dukie on a stick. Sorry for your trouble. I will keep my stocker.

spiz

chris02324 10-20-2008 02:42 AM

I love my Road Zeppelin seat. I can ride all day pain free.

brettnbama 10-20-2008 04:39 AM

I am very pleased with my badlander, sorry you've had so much trouble

agapsdiver 10-20-2008 05:58 AM

Love my Saddlemen seat...:eek:
I've had it for 3 years and won't buy another bike
without one.

cfmii11 10-20-2008 06:43 AM

I bought a Saddleman seat and it started ti split the first weekend I used it, luckily they took it back without any hassles. I now have a Corbin Dual Tour and couldn't be happier.

gibby122 10-20-2008 07:58 AM

no experience with them, but you can easily see from the pics that the seats you received are of very poor craftsmanship. I dont know how anyone would let that out of the factory... and for it to happne twice!? I went with Mustang, I can honestly say I dont think I could happier with what I got...

Unome 10-20-2008 08:03 AM

Sorry to hear about your problems. I've never owned one.

Now as far as the gap between tank & front of seat? I had a H-D Sundowner on my 2001 Road King which had that same problem. H-D response was for me to buy the tank bra that fits there or a console replacement part. I learned to laive with it until I sold it.

I also have a Mustang 1-piece touring seat and could not be happier.

rochkes 10-20-2008 09:03 AM

I was pleased with the customer service and the quality of the road sofa I bought, but the seat just wasn't what my wife and I were looking for. We liked our sundowner better and saddleman took my road sofa back. I was only out the shipping bill.

Dennis

Egldr05 10-20-2008 06:30 PM

I bought a Road Sofa a couple of years back and discovered it scratched up my fender and frame due to it resting directly on the fender without any rubber bumpers like my Mustang has. Maybe they've changed it since then but "once bitten twice shy" I'll never own another one.

Rick

Pine Tree 10-20-2008 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Yachtman (Post 4012001)
For those of you that asked...

I ordered one of their adjustable air bladder seats a few years ago. They told me they were having trouble finding a new vendor for the bladders and would ship the seat as soon as new ones were found.

I still haven't heard back on that one...

Yachtman 10-20-2008 11:16 PM

That's because their customer service is PITIFUL

kansasroadking 10-20-2008 11:24 PM

sounds like they are taking cs lessons from corbin!!

Egldr05 10-21-2008 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Yachtman (Post 4015875)
That's because their customer service is PITIFUL

They did me good 8 years ago on my first purchase.
I called these clowns after they sent me the wrong seat. It took 3 weeks to get the right one. They were supposed to send a UPS pickup sticker for the original seat. After reminding them a couple of times (2 phone calls and a couple of emails) I got tired of it taking up space and I sold it on Ebay making the second seat darn near free which I also sold and replaced with a Mustang which being cheaper actually put a few $$ in my pocket.

It's quite ironic when I think about it. Saddlemen bought my Mustang to replace their junk seat.

Rick

Yachtman 10-21-2008 09:17 PM

Rick,

Same story here. They said that they'd send a UPS pick up with the second seat and didn't. Today they tell me the UPS #, because they don't issue pick ups!! Joke. And they said they'll issue a refund after seeing that the seats were in resalable condition. What? One reason why they had to send a second was that the first got damaged, along with the paint on my perfect frame, trying to put the damn thing on the bike! And while he's telling me how to press it hard on the phone.!!
I emailed them that I take no responsibiblty for damages. To think that they're going to sell the fuked up seats to someone else??!! Unbelievable!
I'm tempted to let it sit in the garage for a while. Oh wait....they owe me money.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

itileman 10-21-2008 10:11 PM

I feel bad for you, especially since I recommended the Saddleman. I have the Renegade Solo. It's top quality leather & workmanship. Goes on and off easily and is very comfortable - run with it most of the time. Other seat is a Corbin.

Papamte 10-21-2008 11:54 PM

I bought a Road Sofa several years ago for my old Goldwing. The seat they sent was not trimmed on one side and was longer than the original, making me have to get a tourpack extender just to get it on and use the adjustment for the seat. My grabrails had to be removed, and the seat was so wide I couldn't use the backrest either. I ripped a small hole trying to get it to fit. I called them to see whether they shipped the wrong seat, and was told I got the seat I ordered. The seat was not much better than my wornout stock seat, and still sits on the bike today.

Later I bought a 2000 ACE Tourer and wound up buying an Explorer Special seat from MAW on a clearance and loved it. Sure was glad the second go round turned out so good, because I couldn't return it to MAW and would've had to deal with Saddlemen directly.

Saddlemen definitely has issues with quality at times, and customer service is terrible.

SG 1 11-14-2008 08:07 AM

I tried to buy a road sofa for my sg. I never could get one and I tried hard. Discontinued because of problems I believe or unavailable for some reason. From reading this, sounds like I got lucky. I'm now on my third seat, a sundowner. Mustang solo w/backrest and passenger pillion--to hard, to small. Mustang 1 piece touring seat--comfy but sits up to high. I like the low position of the sundowner, we'll see how it works out.

Yachtman 11-14-2008 08:39 AM

I tried a Sundowner Solo but it pushed me too far forward. I also tried a double Sundowner and it was a total winner. Super comfy. I was close to buying it but really didn't want a two-up seat.

Kbore 11-26-2009 02:12 PM

Bumped.
I'm a CORBIN seat fan, have a dual tour and Classic Solo. Great looks, great craftsmanship, uber-comfortable.

NavyPT 11-26-2009 02:32 PM

Thanks for the info, lots of folks always searching this site for opinions on seats. I have had Mustang, Corbin and now C&C. Never tried Saddleman and now probably never will.

harleybill2008 11-26-2009 08:18 PM

I have always heard that saddleman never seems to fit a bike, scratches the frame and seems to be in poor quality. I see that this reputation and quality have continued for many years now. I wonder how they stay in business.

Notgrownup 11-26-2009 08:31 PM

They sell saddlebags...that is the bread n butter item at Saddlemen...Mustang or Corbin are the seat companies...

txrancher47 11-27-2009 11:55 AM

+ 1 on the Corbin...

Suede Blue Man 11-27-2009 01:10 PM

Always sucks to hear a story about how a business made something shoddy and then doesn't make it right with the customer.

If they don't make it right then all they are is common cheats.

I's hates cheats :mad:

lionsm13 11-27-2009 01:15 PM

The corbin on my softail s*cked, like sitting on a board. The only thing worse than it was a lepera maverick like sitting on a brick.

Cyphilis 11-27-2009 01:49 PM

I had a saddlemen in the past, and loved it. Infact I wouldn't mind having another one. I do understand that sometimes, every company creates products that are sub-par. When humans are building anything, there will be instances where a bad product slips out.