Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help. My 07 runs GREAT!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 05:11 PM
sparky_mo
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need Help. My 07 runs GREAT!

For you RangeRat for suggesting this thread. After 20,000 problem free miles on my 07 I agree to your thoughts that all we ever see are negative threads on the 07. This is my first Harley so I can't compare pre-07's and haven't test ridden on 08 or 09. I can say that I am thoroughly happy with mine. I may be having a front brake rotor issue right now, but from the posts on here I don't think that is a year and make related problem. I had owned a couple of Honda's before buying a Harley. I was on a honda forum and there were lots of posts about problems honda riders were experiencing with their rides. Sometimes things just break regardless of what you are riding or driving. Anyway, outside of a noisy tranny that was fixed with the IDS, I think the 07's are as reliable as any Harley. Which, IMO, is pretty darned good.

Last edited by sparky_mo; 10-27-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 344 Likes on 197 Posts

"Need Help. My 07 runs GREAT!" The dealer can fix that for you!

Actually that's a good post. We always hear when something's wrong but seldom when the motorcycle is working just fine.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:26 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Congratulations!!

I believe that after spending $20,000.00 for a new motorcycle, I deserve a product free of defects,

Now, that is only my, opinion,

Harley's vaunted "Durability Testing" is the reason I spent $13,000.00 in 2003 on a new Super Glide.

Had the 4 Year Extended Warranty, 3 months after expiring, my Stator went, $250.00 Bill for that out of my wallet,

Old 10-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

This is true, hardly anyone ever calls to give good news or a "Great job" notice. I was a firefighter/paramedic and the "Stop by's" we got were few and far between. I cut a womans full length Mink coat off her and 2 weeks after she was released from the hospital after the crash, she stopped by on our shift with a car load of food, turkey potatoes, ham, cookies, pies&cake for us because she was greatful for our help. Then we get the more often visit from an attourney saying we were being sued by a law student because we cut her shoelace off when she broke her ankle

To add, my 2007 with just over 18,000 miles, is also doing great! Had one problem with the radio, but solved with a new one. Great bike for long rides and I'm looking forward to next years rides already.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:36 PM
sparky_mo
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ButtMan1000
Congratulations!!

I believe that after spending $20,000.00 for a new motorcycle, I deserve a product free of defects,

Now, that is only my, opinion,

Harley's vaunted "Durability Testing" is the reason I spent $13,000.00 in 2003 on a new Super Glide.

Had the 4 Year Extended Warranty, 3 months after expiring, my Stator went, $250.00 Bill for that out of my wallet,

Well that would be a bummer that soon after the warranty expired. I'm sure I would be unhappy too. I didn't buy the extended warranty so mine is up this coming Feb. If it happens to me, human nature says I will be on here a bitch'n about it too. Again, I think it can happen to any brand, year, make, and model.

Last edited by sparky_mo; 10-27-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:56 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey mine runs great too after 2 yrs,HDs P&A catalog fixed most of the them.Im not sure if the warranty ever covered any of the issues I had.They were all normal! So normal that I never got any paperwork from the dealer. My early 07 along with some other owners probably had something to do with making the later builds better,stopping the complaints from going into the next yrs models.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:19 PM
geedee
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't have any problems with my 07', just fuel and go...

Old 10-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Stash
Tourer

My 2007 Ultra runs like a dream. 15,000 problem free miles and I love it. I love to look at the new ones, but this one will be really hard to part with. HD will have to come out with something I cannot live without for me to give up this ride.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:49 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

14K on mine. A couple little issues repaired on warranty. Otherwise I love it. Wife and I did over 7K this season riding around Washington, Oregon, and California.

I'll probably keep it until the liquid cooled baggers are out for a couple years. Maybe in 2012.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Paulw
Intermediate
Default Mine runs great too

Like others this is my first Harley and I have not had a single problem. I picked it up in Spring of 07 and have put about 18,000 miles on it including a couple of long fall trips from Ottawa down into the Virginias and Kentucky.

I have had a lot of bikes including all Japanese makes and a Ducati for good measure.

I never was a Harley guy but figured what the heck and since I loved the look of the RK I bought it. Only thing I have changed is the seat as the stocker was a pillory but that goes for all bikes I have owned and I have changed seats on all of them.

Quick Reply: Need Help. My 07 runs GREAT!