Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin dual tour seat = sore butt

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 09:01 PM
mndemohead
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbin dual tour seat = sore butt

I just put the first few miles on my bike with the new Corbin seat, and man does my A** hurt, kinda thinking I maybe should have just mounted a green treated 2x6 to the bike and used that, I think it would be softer. Here is my question, everyone says to put 1000 miles on the seat and my mind will change, what are other people experiences with this seat? Man I hope it gets better.

Old 04-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Kahuna
Road Master
Default RE: Corbin dual tour seat = sore butt

If your Corbin is brand new, it will need some miles to break it in. The Corbin foam needs time to form to your behind. Once it's formed, it will be the most comfortable thing next to your butt! I had a Corbin on my Road King, and now Road Glide. And, it has served me well! I've ridden long distance many times and was happy with the seat. Spend the time and break it in!

ORIGINAL: mndemohead

I just put the first few miles on my bike with the new Corbin seat, and man does my A** hurt, kinda thinking I maybe should have just mounted a green treated 2x6 to the bike and used that, I think it would be softer. Here is my question, everyone says to put 1000 miles on the seat and my mind will change, what are other people experiences with this seat? Man I hope it gets better.

Old 04-03-2006, 09:46 PM
mndemohead
Tourer

yes the seat is brand new.

Old 04-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i love my Corbin...it is hard, but VERY supportive...what a joy Corbin has been to deal with and now ride with

Old 04-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a lot of the answer lies in your own particular butt. I almost gave away my Corbin dual touring seat after 3000 miles - it was impossible for me to either apparently "break-in" the seat OR my butt. Absolutely the most uncomfortable seat I have ever owned. My wife felt the same way, btw. I ended up with a stock HD Ultra seat on my RK and it has been just fine although I have not done any long stuff on yet - 200 miles has been it. For me, Corbin seats are just TOO hard!

Old 04-03-2006, 09:57 PM
dc1450
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yea, I could never make my butt conform to that @#$#seat either. The stock seat on the Road Glide is by far a more comfortable seat.

DC

Old 04-03-2006, 10:19 PM
trning
Advanced

We have about 500 miles on our Corbin Dual Tour. The wife and I both love it. It is definitely not a soft pillow type seat but it has support in all the right spots. We went on a 1200 mile trip in Oct. with the stock seat. By the time we got home my wife's back was very sore from lack of support. The Corbin has solved that problem. Give it some time.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Red
Stellar HDF Member

Received 860 Likes on 482 Posts

Sorry, but a Corbin doesn't break in, your behind does. They call it a "saddle" for a reason! LOL... I enjoyed Corbins at one time, but the back doesn't like them any longer.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:30 PM
buttman
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know what to tell you, my stock seat killed me. I thought a soft cushy seat would be a good thing. My friends said get a mustang seat, it's hard, your butt will break it in and you will love it forever after. And I do love my Mustang seat now......in a manly kind of way.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8977/BFDC6FEF115F493DBA6FC1417DCDF835.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-03-2006, 11:57 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mustang seats for me..... How could you argue this with a guy named Buttman?

Equally important, the wife loves it too!

Quick Reply: Corbin dual tour seat = sore butt