Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D(st)ealers

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 10:45 PM
OldDog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D(st)ealers

Read a lot of angry comments on the forums on treatment by dealers. I have no reason to doubt the stories; but, dealerships and their owners are only people. I've been trading with the Chattanooga dealership since 95 and can only say that I count many members of the staff as genuine friends. Over the years, they have helped me maintain my Evo by freely sharing knowledge and in some cases doing specialized work on assemblies (primary, heads, etc.) for nothing more than part's cost. The charge was a smille and "we know that you'll buy your next bike from us." The parts manager has always treated me like I have a CVO on order. Guess what? I bought another bike from them. Should be fun.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Bad Pig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good for you!....there are some good dealers out there, it's just too bad that the bad ones really stand out. like the old saying goes....bad news spreads faster than good news.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:53 PM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its good to point out both the good ones and the bad ones...... I too have good friends who work at a dealership and they have been a huge help for many years.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:57 PM
OldDog
Cruiser

The older I get the more I realize that it's always the man behind the machine. Or, maybe I'm watching too much History Channel.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:14 PM
cmcsns
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Think of them like restaurants; some you get a great meal at a fair price and can't wait to tell everyone about them, others, you leave feeling like you wanna puke... and can't wait to tell everyone about them

Old 11-05-2008, 12:10 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Well Good For You

Originally Posted by OldDog
Read a lot of angry comments on the forums on treatment by dealers. I have no reason to doubt the stories; but, dealerships and their owners are only people.

They are business people that are there to make a profit. Some honestly some not, Some follow through some don't give a s%$@ after the sale. But there motivation is profit.

I've been trading with the Chattanooga dealership since 95 and can only say that I count many members of the staff as genuine friends.

My experience genuine friends and business transactions don't mix. That is my belief. Would these guys know you or even care to know you if did not have money to spend in there shop. Sorry if that is strong comment but I am hate seeing some unsuspected person think that these business people are great buddies. Don't want anything for free just give me what I want for a fair price, some respect and don't insult my intelligence with dumb comments, complements or gimmicks.

Over the years, they have helped me maintain my Evo by freely sharing knowledge and in some cases doing specialized work on assemblies (primary, heads, etc.) for nothing more than part's cost. The charge was a smille and "we know that you'll buy your next bike from us." The parts manager has always treated me like I have a CVO on order. Guess what? I bought another bike from them. Should be fun.
Ride Hard

Old 11-05-2008, 12:38 AM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldDog
Read a lot of angry comments on the forums on treatment by dealers. I have no reason to doubt the stories; but, dealerships and their owners are only people. I've been trading with the Chattanooga dealership since 95 and can only say that I count many members of the staff as genuine friends. Over the years, they have helped me maintain my Evo by freely sharing knowledge and in some cases doing specialized work on assemblies (primary, heads, etc.) for nothing more than part's cost. The charge was a smille and "we know that you'll buy your next bike from us." The parts manager has always treated me like I have a CVO on order. Guess what? I bought another bike from them. Should be fun.

I agree. And to add to what you said...the crusty customer doesn't come first dealship owner won't last long.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:26 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cmcsns
Think of them like restaurants; some you get a great meal at a fair price and can't wait to tell everyone about them, others, you leave feeling like you wanna puke... and can't wait to tell everyone about them
Well put... couldn't have said it better..

Old 11-05-2008, 05:19 AM
dcountryboy
Cruiser

I know the dealer in Chatt. must be doing something right since they do get a lot of business,but I tried to buy a bike in 06 from them and was treated so badly by a salesman I wouldnt even let my wife buy a tshirt there.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:10 AM
sooie
Tourer

Originally Posted by cmcsns

well said !!
the closest stealer to me (20 miles) can stick it,will never go back.
the dealer 44 miles away are great to deal with !
went in last sat. just to get a price on a new front tire,30 min. later
tire was on and in the wind again. now thats service

Quick Reply: D(st)ealers