Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush Slip-On Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Sketz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rush Slip-On Mufflers

I've been looking at the Rush Slip-On's for my '08 RK. I want a deeper mellow sound over the stock pipes, but not overly loud.
I'm confused about the different size baffles that can be ordered with the mufflers (1½" to 2¼") - anyone have experience with the baffle size - which one will give the best performance without being too loud?
Thanks

Old 11-13-2008, 07:51 AM
HDDOC
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The 1 1/2" will give you a good note without being real loud to you on the bike, but will sound loud to others behind you. Doc

Old 11-13-2008, 07:59 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the 2" baffles on my '07. Sometimes they're too quiet, sometimes too loud, but never very much of either. Overall they're just right for my tastes and I'd do it again without even shopping around for anything else.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:00 AM
weezo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the 1 3/4" and they have nice sound, with a good crack on acceleration. However, I'm seriously contemplating moving to 2" because they seem too quiet when I'm just cruising. Don't forget, you can change the baffles for around $70 if you're not happy with what you got.

It depends on what you're after. Some people say that the sound from even 1 3/4's will drive you crazy on a long cruise. Maybe it's because I'm deaf, but they don't bother me at all.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:10 AM
DRAGO1
Tourer

Go with the 2.00 inch baffle you will be happy. 1.75 are nice but 2.00 have a deeper sound you can go to the rush website and hear them. Fuelmoto sells them and so do I. The ones I like the best are from Jamie Fuelmoto. His are little different sound but better performance. You can go to his website and hear them I have Fuelmoto set up on my 08 street glide and love them these are the ones I sell to my customers....... I hope this helps...

Last edited by DRAGO1; 11-13-2008 at 08:13 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:11 AM
rotorcrazy
Novice

I have 1.75" bafflles and I'm happy with them but at cruising speeds I can't even hear them. Just as somebody else already mentioned, You can change baffles easily and inexpensively. I'm going to switch to 2".

Old 11-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Sketz
Cruiser

Thank you all for your response.
From what I'm hearing, it sounds like the 2" baffles are pretty much the middle of the road, so I'll give them a try, and if I understand everyone correctly, the sound decreases as I go towards the 1" and louder with the 2+" baffles.
Like most said, I can always buy a different baffle if not happy with the 2"
Thanks again.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:21 AM
MrWrestlingII
Advanced
Default Rush mufflers

Talk to Jamie at Fuel Moto. It sounds like his Jackpot modification to the Rush muffler is what you're looking for.

Me and a buddy had Jamie install his power package that includes PCIII, air filter and Jackpot mufflers on our bikes last month. Both of us are very happy with the setup.

Do a search on Jackpot and Fuel Moto, there are quite a few writeups.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:57 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

I would agree the 2.00 mufflers have been most popular and are what most are looking for in terms of sound and performance with the Rush mufflers. Our Fuel Moto baffles are about the same dB level and offer a good increase in performance. The nice thing is that with the interchangeable baffles you can change them to suit your liking.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 11-13-2008, 11:02 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

Are the jackpot baffles available seperately to fit the Rush pipes? How much if they are?

Quick Reply: Rush Slip-On Mufflers