Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra - radio headphone question

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:40 AM
007 ultra
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra - radio headphone question

When I ride, I like to hear the bike run..........not listen to the radio or cd, etc. so have only had the radio turned on once or twice to see if it worked and if the cd player worked.

My lady likes to listen to tunes so what do we do?

Any one make a set of headphones she can wear without a helmet that will plug into the hd jack so sho can listen .... or any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:54 PM
HawgriderPa
Road Captain

Here's a posting from back in March.. you might shoot him an email.. sounds like something similar to what you want to do.

If that fails, shoot off an email to J&M they might have something

03-24-2008, 12:13 AM
bobt1956
Hang Around

RE: Audio Output from stock Harley Radio
I have a 2004 Ultra Classic and I'm mostly deaf. So, I wanted to just be able to listen to the stock FM/AM/WX/CB Radio without using the speakers or having to buy a full headset for $189.95.

I wanted to use standard earbuds or what works better with my hearing aids is earclips purchased anywhere.

So, I designed and built about a 6" Adapter cable that converts the Harley DIN-7 headset socket to a standard female 1/8" (3.5mm) mini-stereo jack that can connect to any stereo listening device such as earbuds. I simpy plug the adapter cable into the bike and my earclips into the adapter. Then the earclips set on top of my hearing aids under the helmet. Or, I can use earbuds without the hearing aids.

Well, solving the hearing problem was my original goal. However it seems it would be useful for others to be able to do the same.

1. Allows you to use cheap earbuds for listening which are easily replaced if lost, stolen or broken instead of the full headset for $189.95.

2. Allows you to listen clearly without having your speakers turned on for everyone else to hear.

3. Simple solution and works great!

Was wondering if I could get some opinions here as to whether anyone would be interested if I actually manufactured and sold this adapter at a reasonable price?

Old 02-21-2015, 08:03 PM
free-lance
Stage I

Originally Posted by HawgriderPa
Here's a posting from back in March.. you might shoot him an email.. sounds like something similar to what you want to do.

If that fails, shoot off an email to J&M they might have something

03-24-2008, 12:13 AM
bobt1956
Hang Around

RE: Audio Output from stock Harley Radio
I have a 2004 Ultra Classic and I'm mostly deaf. So, I wanted to just be able to listen to the stock FM/AM/WX/CB Radio without using the speakers or having to buy a full headset for $189.95.

I wanted to use standard earbuds or what works better with my hearing aids is earclips purchased anywhere.

So, I designed and built about a 6" Adapter cable that converts the Harley DIN-7 headset socket to a standard female 1/8" (3.5mm) mini-stereo jack that can connect to any stereo listening device such as earbuds. I simpy plug the adapter cable into the bike and my earclips into the adapter. Then the earclips set on top of my hearing aids under the helmet. Or, I can use earbuds without the hearing aids.

Well, solving the hearing problem was my original goal. However it seems it would be useful for others to be able to do the same.

1. Allows you to use cheap earbuds for listening which are easily replaced if lost, stolen or broken instead of the full headset for $189.95.

2. Allows you to listen clearly without having your speakers turned on for everyone else to hear.

3. Simple solution and works great!

Was wondering if I could get some opinions here as to whether anyone would be interested if I actually manufactured and sold this adapter at a reasonable price?
I see that this was written in March of '08. This is exactly what I want to do. What was the verdict on the adapter? vp.scorekeeper@comcast.net

Last edited by free-lance; 02-21-2015 at 08:06 PM. Reason: I wanted to add my contact info
Old 02-21-2015, 11:56 PM
sgoharley
Tourer
Received 254 Likes on 84 Posts

Aerosmith.com has an adapter that plugs into the CB port on an ultra. It is about 20 bucks. I use mine with Bose earbuds and can listen to ball games and talk radio without any problem at all
I would highly recommend it

Intercom System Adapter #3900

Old 02-22-2015, 04:45 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 621 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by sgoharley
Aerosmith.com has an adapter that plugs into the CB port on an ultra. It is about 20 bucks. I use mine with Bose earbuds and can listen to ball games and talk radio without any problem at all
I would highly recommend it

Intercom System Adapter #3900
FYI...went to "Aerosmith.com" and all I got was the band

Googled a bit more and found it's actually Aerostich.com

Here's the link to the adapter: http://www.aerostich.com/intercom-system-adapter.html

Last edited by lefty33; 02-22-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:54 PM
sgoharley
Tourer

Thanks Lefty, I was posting from my ipad and spellcheck is a bit*h.

Old 02-22-2015, 04:55 PM
sgoharley
Tourer

that is the correct link. I have a couple of these I keep on my bike. they are awesome. I am not sure why more Harley shops don't carry these.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:26 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 621 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by sgoharley
Thanks Lefty, I was posting from my ipad and spellcheck is a bit*h.
Yes it is!!

No problem at all. Was looking because I was interested. May have to p/u one of these...cheap enough. Thanks for the info!!

Old 02-22-2015, 06:36 PM
osudvm
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 007 ultra
When I ride, I like to hear the bike run..........not listen to the radio or cd, etc. so have only had the radio turned on once or twice to see if it worked and if the cd player worked.

My lady likes to listen to tunes so what do we do?

Any one make a set of headphones she can wear without a helmet that will plug into the hd jack so sho can listen .... or any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Look at Ed Sets. Just goggle it. You can both have headset systems or she can just have one for her helmet. You can plug into the Harley jacks or plug directly into the headset itself using your phone or Ipod jack. Great system and sounds great.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:51 PM
EasTexUltra12
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is the adapter I use. Works great,

http://www.spoiledbiker.com/harleyadap.html

David

Quick Reply: Ultra - radio headphone question