Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide out Road Glide in

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 12:20 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the whole front end fairing doesn't turn with the bike.. yuck imo

the difference he prob is getting is the 09 touring bike... vs his 08
they handle great

Old 11-23-2008, 12:26 AM
C17MSGT
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Traded my 06 SG for a 09 RG. Like day and night. Wish I would have seen the light before I bought the SG. Will never go back.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:37 AM
Puzzled
Banned

Two of my riding buds are looking at getting off of their Batwing bikes and going with a Shark Nose. Roadies are becoming increasingly popular. Look at American Bagger and Hot Bike Bagger. You would be hard pressed to not find a tricked out Roadie in each issue. I think this is helping the Roadie popularity.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:57 AM
littlebear
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rode both several times,,,,like the Roadglide for the room, not up so far and close to the wi ndshild,,IMO Went riding yesterday am, left the house it was 28 degrees,,,rode 15 miles with soft lowers, took them off and rode home,,,what a differance, bought foze my toes off without them, they are a keeper...enjoy you new ride...

Old 11-23-2008, 08:01 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Congrats

Congrats on the new scooter. I've heard the RG is the best kept secret of the touring class. Good way to stir the pot? I still love the look of the awesome StreetGlide....there all beautiful bikes, thats what makes it so nice...choices....choices...decisions.....decision s.....Again, Congrats and rdie safe.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:10 AM
jon1972s
Intermediate
Default SH vs. RG

Originally Posted by gtad1
Y do the SG guys get so angry and mean when they hear someone mention "RoadGlide"
Go figure
That is because they SG owners know the RG is a better ride, and most are jealouse because they are better looking, and therer arent alot out there. Come on SG owners fess up. LOL

Old 11-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Marine.Top.58
Banned Camp

Congrats! You won't be disappointed...

Now, where's the pics...

Old 11-23-2008, 09:39 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,079 Likes on 1,632 Posts

Seroiusly, what's the difference other than the fairing? Does the RG handle better than the SG? Is it better for taking road trips over the SG?

I'm thinkin' about getting a new '09 SG for taking some longer road trips...I love my SB, but don't want to add a windscreen, bags, etc.

I looked at both the SG and RG yesterday at the dealer and I'm really liking the looks of the SG...

Old 11-23-2008, 10:04 AM
nedster
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

The street glides have a stiffer ride do to the fact they are lowered in the rear. Both bikes are on the same frames, it is a matter of the weight of the fairing on the forks of s sg vs the rg fairing fixed to the frame. I will tell you if you are on the interstate the RG fairs better when you are behind big trucks, the wind does not effect the steering since the fairing is mounted to the frame. As far as handling? They are touring bikes, once you get accustom to your ride you wonttell a difference in the turns. I bought my 1st RG because I did not like the fairing of a batwing dead in my face, I felt cramped. I also did not want to pull up to a light and look like everyone else. But that has all changed, the # of RG's on the street are growing. Make your own choice of what fits you best and what YOU like!!

Old 11-23-2008, 10:13 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

To each his own. I test rode a couple of RGs but couldn't warm up to them. Went with my second batwing. Congrats on finding the ride you like. Oh by the way, the SG looks much, much better.

Just had to throw that in.

Quick Reply: Street Glide out Road Glide in