Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance & Hines vs Rhinehart slip-ons?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vance & Hines vs Rhinehart slip-ons?

Hey Guys & Gals,
Lookin' to buy some slip-ons for my '09 FLHRC soon. I REALLY liked the sound of the V&H Big Shot Staggereds that I had on my old Dyna. However, it seems like a good majority of you touring guys on here swear-by your Rhineharts! I definately want to go with slip-ons for now as I can't afford to do a true-dual set-up at this time. Have any of you guys had both & prefer one over the other? I know the V&H's are about $150 less in price than the Rineharts (for the basic V&H slip-ons). I guess I'm kinda worried about the Rineharts not sounding loud enough for me coming off Vance & Hines? I mean, I don't want them obnoxiously loud & always attracting attention from the "boys in blue" but at the same time I want them sounding REALLY mean too? What do you guys think? Are the V&H's too loud? Are the Rinehart's loud enough?

Old 01-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Silverstone
Tourer

Can't speak for Rineharts but I have Basic Slip-Ons on my 07FLHT.They look cool,sound hot and were about £100 cheaper than the Ovals. Also,the techies at V&H were very helpful too with regard to set-up for FuelPak/SE air.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Rineharts are loud and will attract attention IMHO. Have you considered Rush or Jackpots from Fuel Moto? They have lots of baffle opitions so you can go as loud or quiet as you want. You can see them, and hear them, at rushracingproducts.com. Whatever you decide, I'd buy from Jamie or Kieth at Fuel Moto if they sell what you want. You might also find that a full performance package is less than you thought. Good Luck!

Old 01-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

Also,the techies at V&H were very helpful too with regard to set-up for FuelPak/SE air.
I thought you didn't need anything additional if going with slip-ons unless your making changes to the air cleaner?

Old 01-12-2009, 02:10 PM
TMART
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Rineharts sound great,not loud at all untill you shower down on it and even then it is not obnoxious.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Deepsouth251
Road Master

I just came off a 2006 RK with V&H Basic Slipons and before that a 2003 Ultra with V&H basic Slipons. Now I have 2009 Ultra with Rinehart Slipons and was very suprised to find the V&H Basic Slipons were quite a bit louder than the Rineharts, but thats OK by me, it may not be for you.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:42 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cloud09King
I thought you didn't need anything additional if going with slip-ons unless your making changes to the air cleaner?
That's right....but if you read what he said again you'll see he did replace the a/c with SE stage 1. Anyway...now i'm really confused because I have seen post from people saying the Rineharts are too loud, and now i'm seeing the V&H are louder than Rineharts. I just ordered a set of V&H tapered slash cut slip ons and now i'm hoping they are not obnoxiously loud.

Last edited by ezriderpgh; 01-12-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:28 PM
quint
Tourer

Originally Posted by Deepsouth251
I just came off a 2006 RK with V&H Basic Slipons and before that a 2003 Ultra with V&H basic Slipons. Now I have 2009 Ultra with Rinehart Slipons and was very suprised to find the V&H Basic Slipons were quite a bit louder than the Rineharts, but thats OK by me, it may not be for you.
+1 The V&H are a bit quieter at idle and low throttle settings than the Rineharts, which makes it a little easier to do your 6:00am "stealth" getaways thru the neighborhood. At cruise and more open throttle settings, the V&H are lower in pitch and a little louder. I've had both and I like 'em both. I don't think you'll be disappointed in either. I think the V&H are a bit better value and they are a quality product.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:55 PM
johnfxdb
Cruiser

If you want an loud and performance, I would suggest the Thundeheader. I love mine on my Dyna. On my Road Glide I went with Rinehart Slip on's. I think they sound and look very good. Was very surpised on the performance (seat of the pants) gain I got.
I paid $400 + shipping. Contact Donna at hogpen@msn.com. She was awesome to deal with. Shipped the same day. For $400 and no more than 30 minutes to install...you can't go wrong. Whatever you get just ride with them and enjoy it. don't worry about what other people think or say. It's YOUR ride.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:08 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

I've owned and been around alot of touring bikes and my exhaust of choice is V/H. Great quality, price and in most cases have the gull heat shields for no blueing !! They have several styles and each has a little different sound.

Quick Reply: Vance & Hines vs Rhinehart slip-ons?