Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ape hangers on my Electra Glide. Need advice

Old 01-19-2009, 08:50 AM
MassHD
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The other thing is the location of your apes when you tighten everything up. I used the two finger method between the bars and the inner fairing. That measures about an inch and a half. I could have gone another inch toward me without the bars looking stupid if I needed to. I'm about 6'0" and as you see in the pic my hands are well below my shoulders. These bars are very easy to get use to with little or no side affects. I am by no means a mechanic but I was getting some really off the wall quotes on doing the bars. I decides to give it a try and If I got screwed up I would get someone to help me out. Go slow ask question on this forum and have a maunal. If can do it anybody can trust me.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:17 AM
KBES BAGGER
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G$
Nah....it ain't hard. Especially iffin u got a service manual. Do urself a favor and drop da dime & do it right with new cables and extensions. Re-routin em underneath looks like $hit on a white duck. Holla @ Johnny Vaughn over at HDBikeparts(dot)com...he has the hook up 2 insure an EZ install.

Personally, I work'd e'rything around the bars 1st. Much EZ'r to change out seat and fwds iffin somethin doesn't feel right. My 15"s are much mo' comfy than stockers. My Corbin saddle does the rest. BTW...I ran +8 all the way around and used 12" NAMZ kit.

Where do I press one for english?

Old 01-19-2009, 05:24 PM
mslater741
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

went with the wild chubby w0515, the 10'' baby apes on my 08 road glide with mustang solo seat. didnt need to change any cables, iam 6'6'' tall, it gives me the extra 2'' i needed. good looking bars....sorry i dont have any pics

Old 01-21-2009, 09:43 PM
G$
Road Captain
Location: LexVegas, KY...home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses

Originally Posted by KBES BAGGER
Where do I press one for english?
....Bwwwaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaa! Says da tool wif stock bars.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:46 PM
KBES BAGGER
Road Master
Talking

Originally Posted by G$
....Bwwwaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaa! Says da tool wif stock bars.

I have ape hangers on my bike. Wait let me try that again. Dis tool haves apin hangaz ons my'z bikke.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:13 PM
oinker02
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have ape hangers on my bike. Wait let me try that again. Dis tool haves apin hangaz ons my'z bikke.
You are better off not responding to G$. He will go away if ignored.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:51 PM
G$
Road Captain
Exclamation

SEE! Dat's what Im talkin bout, Yo. Kinda impresssive...considerin it only took ya 2 friggin posts. Guess ur not as dumb as u appear 2 be.

*Disclaimer: BTW, it don't count iffin dey on a sportster doh

Old 01-22-2009, 06:00 PM
G$
Road Captain
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by oinker02
You are better off not responding to G$. He will go away if ignored.
~BINGO~

Ahhhh yes, Yo Mama Keith....welcome baaaaaaaack, suckah~

U can change ur nickname 2 get back online but joo can't change ur colors....or dat stupid grin on ur drunken face. As u were sailor......

Old 01-22-2009, 07:59 PM
scarygt
Road Master

G$, what apes are those? They don't look like they are designed just for the streetglide.. I have a Roadking Classic and a Deadcenter Fairing. I don't want to put on ultra style apes because i think that they might look stupid with the fairing off. I'm thinking that yours would look pretty cool either way I want to ride.

Thanks, Scary

PS: I actually think your posts are pretty funny... I don't remember who you once were on here, but I'm sure you couldn't of been all that bad! LOL

Originally Posted by G$
Nah....it ain't hard. Especially iffin u got a service manual. Do urself a favor and drop da dime & do it right with new cables and extensions. Re-routin em underneath looks like $hit on a white duck. Holla @ Johnny Vaughn over at HDBikeparts(dot)com...he has the hook up 2 insure an EZ install.

Personally, I work'd e'rything around the bars 1st. Much EZ'r to change out seat and fwds iffin somethin doesn't feel right. My 15"s are much mo' comfy than stockers. My Corbin saddle does the rest. BTW...I ran +8 all the way around and used 12" NAMZ kit.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:49 PM
oinker02
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

G$,

You come get you some of this any time you want. I got plenty.

You think it's cool to deminish retarded kids and talk like a sharecropper black man...Yeah, you come get all you want cause you are over due for a correction. I got pockets full of what you need...come get it.

You and me went thru this a year or two ago. I told you then I wasn't homosexual and declined your advances. You continued to contact me privately so I had to change my user name and even log off for almost a year.

Stop the hateful stuff directed toward me or I'll contact my lawyer. I regret that you struggle with your orientation, but I ain't the blame nor the correct target for your misdirected anger. If you feel rejected, then you are going to have to learn to deal with it becuae most folks do reject those type advances.

Nuff said.

Last edited by oinker02; 01-22-2009 at 11:51 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ape hangers on my Electra Glide. Need advice