Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J & S Jack

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 05:18 PM
MickeyB
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up J & S Jack

Just wanted to say I ordered a J & S Jack and drain tray on Sunday 1/10 Received it Thurs. 1/14 and finally had time to mess with it today. A few steps and it's good to go.

Shipping was fast, they sent a confirmation email and shipping email so I could track its progress.

The jack is just as advertised. Scared the crap out of my wife when I got on the bike while it was fully extended. I am happy with my purchase although it was pricey.

No, I don't work for J & S. I am just a satisfied customer!

Mike

Old 01-15-2010, 05:24 PM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior

Good Choice.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:31 PM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+1, no +10000

You can expect that the hydraulic cylinder itself might eventually give you trouble....That is no fault of J&S because like almost all bottle jacks made today, they are made in China.

If it does finally give out, J&S will ship you a new one totally free in the first 3 years of warranty....All it takes is a phone call and the new bottle jack will show up in about 2-4 days totally free of charge.

I have had mine over 2 years and use it almost daily on every style HD made....some times several times a day....You could say I subject it to commercial use. Not once have I had to strap a bike down or fab any sort of wedges or blocks to make it fit whatever HD I'm working on. It safely and instantly lifts them all even the ones that have been lowered. The drain tray is a life saver and so far I've not experienced a time when it didn't catch all the fluids on whatever scoot I was servicing. Well, except when changing oil filters.

Edited to add: You will discover it is the most stable when raised to the highest point, then lowered on the locks, whereas all other jacks I tried got scary the higher I lifted them....What is really neat is when at any of the 5 different locking heights, you can safely remove the bottle jack to service or replace it.

Last edited by oinker02; 01-15-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:44 PM
patsfan
Road Captain

Yep, great jack. My bottle sprang a leak, one phone call and 3 days later, had a new one. Great customer service.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:44 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

I really like mine.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by patsfan
Yep, great jack. My bottle sprang a leak, one phone call and 3 days later, had a new one. Great customer service.

Ditto. Mine went too. Called them up and had one a few days later. Great people to deal with a super friendly too. Had about a 15 minute conversation about NASCAR with one of the guys when I called.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Great choice! My bike is hybernating on one now. I have used it now for 3 years and have not regretted the choice or the price. That drain tray works good too. I use mine for maintenance, cleaning, and as mentioned, storage. I can wheel it around my garage with little effort. Enjoy it.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:50 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep, have had mine for a few years and love it.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:36 PM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For you guys who buy a new jack no matter who makes it-if it has a Chinese bottle jack attached, do this first thing:

Remove the bottle jack and drain the factory oil, then flush it using 10 weight air compressor oil. Fill it with the 10 weight oil, then force it out several times, then refill it with regular jack oil............this precaution will remove lots of metal shavings and grit left over from manufacturing and extend the life of your bottle jack tenfold.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:42 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have one of those OTC motorcycle lifts. I'm not real impressed with it. A J&S jack is definitely on my long list of things I want to buy!

Quick Reply: J & S Jack