Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Saddlebag Filler Panels

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 07:50 PM
pbsdaddy
Extreme HDF Member

Received 5,381 Likes on 2,486 Posts

Have the non-slotted on my 08. The catalog does NOT say they won't fit the 08 and before bikes. Antennas or not. It say they will fit the 08 and before Electra Glides. The Ultra and Classics are Electra Glides.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:23 AM
timvan
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bit of creativity and you can get the antenna to work w a streetglide facia on a UC..I just did this on my 09 and had to cut and weld the antenna brackets (included in the detachable tp kit) to make them shorter...works like a charm.

I looked at the filler panels before deciding on the sg rear fender/filler... glad I did as the bike looks great. I dont miss the bag rais at all, but I still have the "crash" bars for some protection. This is a pic from when I added the fender earlier in the year..

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
If you want to mount a CB antenna on an SG, check-out the HD kit, part no. 76415-06. I bought this to install a CB antenna on my '04 EG that has the Street Glide facia. The installation on your '08 would be the same. PM Dawg or stop by your dealership and have them print out the installation instructions and parts list. I mention this because the kit includes a CB antenna cable that you probably would not need since your Ultra already has the antenna cable on it.

Using this kit, the CB antenna uses the right side hole in the SG facia; the left side would use the AM/FM antenna.

As for adding the SG facia to your '08 rear fender, you can do it, but there will be holes visible at the bottom that are there for your fender tip light. Some guys have used a license plate to cover the holes. Or, as I did, buy a replacement fender.

If you use the HD two-up detachable tour pak rack, the holes in the SG facia are used by HD's mounting hardware for the detachable rack; and won't accommodate the mounting hardware and antennas.

You can probably find a solution to the CB antenna location if you want the SG facia and detachable tour pak. One solution is to buy the Milwaukee Bagger Tour Pak detachable rack because it locates the TP in the two-up position, but uses the forward detachable mounting hardware HD sells for mounting a passenger backrest or the solo detachable TP rack, and not the two-up detachable TP mounting hardware. I bought one of the MB racks because I don't like the chrome hoops of the two-up hardware sticking out of the SG facia.

Good luck with your research. Try the search function for more information. There's plenty here about the SG facia change, Milwaukee Bagger TP rack, etc.

Attached Thumbnails Ultra Saddlebag Filler Panels-img00262.jpg   Ultra Saddlebag Filler Panels-img00263.jpg  

Last edited by timvan; 09-23-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:09 AM
harrison1948
4th Gear

I have the same problem with saddle bag fillers for my 07 Ultra. I don't want to remove the rails as I had them powder coated and the rails look great. Any suggestions?

Old 11-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Dawg's thumbnail shows the slotted filler strips used on the Nostalic saddlebag guard rails. The Ultra and Classic use the unslotted filler strips--chrome or color-matche. I had the chrome unslotted on my '04, and my buddy has fire red pearl on his '06 Classic.
Originally Posted by lasvegasrick
just got the chrome ones for my ultra,it fit great.2 bolts on each side and they are not the slotted ones.......rick:
Originally Posted by MillerTed
i have an 08 Ultra and also wanted the filler bag inserts. talked to 10 dealers and HD tech line and got some many different answers. I do not /did not want the ones with slots as they are for the nastalic(?) rails only. took measurements off of a friends road king custom and then took a chance and ordered the color inserts and waited several weeks. worked perfect and it took a few minutes to install. glad i did it even though most people told me i needed the slot version. That will not work or look good. hope this helps. ted
the standard HD non slotted ones work. i ordered the color version for our 08 ultra - looks great even though several people said it would not work. ted
Originally Posted by vzts4q
Check this link for some pics of the unslotted strips on a 08 Ultra.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...like-best.html
Originally Posted by ezriderpgh
Yep, non-slotted are correct for '08 Ultra
Originally Posted by pbsdaddy
Have the non-slotted on my 08. The catalog does NOT say they won't fit the 08 and before bikes. Antennas or not. It say they will fit the 08 and before Electra Glides. The Ultra and Classics are Electra Glides.
According to the above posts, the solid filler strips work.

Carl

Old 11-25-2010, 04:04 PM
AbnMP13
Tourer

Anyone added the fillers to a 2010 Ultra with rails?

Old 11-25-2010, 05:53 PM
djaudette
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have an 08 Ultra and also wanted the filler bag inserts. talked to 10 dealers and HD tech line and got some many different answers. I do not /did not want the ones with slots as they are for the nastalic(?) rails only. took measurements off of a friends road king custom and then took a chance and ordered the color inserts and waited several weeks. worked perfect and it took a few minutes to install. glad i did it even though most people told me i needed the slot version. That will not work or look good. hope this helps. ted
What part number?? I have an 08 Ultra and want them in color match, Black

Old 12-16-2010, 06:27 PM
AbnMP13
Tourer

Bump, stull wondering if anyone has used the nonslotted ones on a 10 ultra.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by djaudette
What part number?? I have an 08 Ultra and want them in color match, Black
Just scroll down to vivid black for '08 and older:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Carl

Old 12-16-2010, 08:08 PM
harley.farmer
Cruiser

Anyone put filler strips on a 2010 limited???

Old 12-18-2010, 03:52 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

have you read what's available for your model in harleys parts and accessories catalog? that'd be the first place to look.