Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

set avc on bikertronics radio

Old 02-01-2009, 03:38 PM
gpp
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default set avc on bikertronics radio

okay,ive tried setting the avc according to the instructions,checked the wiring but still doesnt seem to work.i ride with the radio up kinda loud so i need to get this to work.does some of this have to be setup through the radio such as the volumn for each input device.im using the sony cdx gt3ui ,ithink,so i know is the right radio and everything else seems to work fine.any suggestions?

Old 02-01-2009, 03:44 PM
BillinNY
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same issue, I called the guys at Biketronics and a guy walked me through the process to set the AVC. Don't remember his name, but dude was cool and very patient with his explanation.

-Bill-

Old 02-01-2009, 03:47 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AVC is set through the head unit. If you're having troubles, call Biketronics and talk to their tech support guys. You can also send them emails on the weekend as they check them periodically knowing that most people install their stuff on the weekends. Not sure with the bowl being on today but you can try.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:53 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

this was posted by Harleypingman on another thread.... i'm sure the instructions are the same to enable it.

From Biketronics' instructions to diable the AVC: "Start by depressing the left audio switch to middle position (lm?) for about 2 seconds. Now release and wait four seconds - The AVC is now disabled . . ."

Old 02-01-2009, 05:36 PM
gpp
Tourer

ok,trying again.first,how do i even know if im in the avc tuning mode.i press the button for 2 seconds,release,push it up and all it does is increase the volumn itself.seems like the screen should show its in avc mode like it does in the other setup modes.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by gpp
ok,trying again.first,how do i even know if im in the avc tuning mode.i press the button for 2 seconds,release,push it up and all it does is increase the volumn itself.seems like the screen should show its in avc mode like it does in the other setup modes.
The headunit is NOT going to tell you that you are in AVC mode--at least my Sony doesn't. The AVC is built into the Biketronics module. How are you testing to see if it's working? I ask because just reving the engine while parked won't effect AVC. AVC works off the speed of the bike, not rpms.

You have the instructions. If you still have problems, call Biketronics.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:05 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just went thru this about 2 weeks ago. The AVC does not beep or any indication from the head unit. The only way to test is a test ride. Can't do it in the garage. Hope this helps. As stated above its with the biketronics instructions via the left switch.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:56 PM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 202 Posts

Hold the volume switch in for two full seconds then press up volume to your desired leval. I push mine up 5 times and I believe it goes up to ten

Old 02-01-2009, 09:19 PM
gpp
Tourer

thanks guys,i guess when it gets a little warmer i will have to get out and ride and adjust it until i get it like i want it.thanks again!

Old 02-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Gotta ask: Did you test ride the bike after trying to adjust AVC, or did you try to see if it was working by reving the parked bike?