Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roadking Heritage "Style" bars vs Heritage Bars

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 12:28 AM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Roadking Heritage "Style" bars vs Heritage Bars

I've got an 08 Roadking & wasn't happy with the stock bars so I tried the Heritage "Style" bars, wasn't happy with the wrist angle & then tried the Heritage Softail bars & BAM....These were the ticket!
Since then, I've had a couple of members pm me about my bars. I figured a picture was worth a thousand words so here's a picture showing the difference between the two of them.

Clay

Attached Thumbnails Roadking Heritage "Style" bars vs Heritage Bars-rk-bars-v-softail-bars-custom-.jpg  
Old 11-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Troubleman
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by klaybus
I've got an 08 Roadking & wasn't happy with the stock bars so I tried the Heritage "Style" bars, wasn't happy with the wrist angle & then tried the Heritage Softail bars & BAM....These were the ticket!
Since then, I've had a couple of members pm me about my bars. I figured a picture was worth a thousand words so here's a picture showing the difference between the two of them.

Clay
Which ones are which?

Old 11-06-2011, 12:34 PM
dboyenga
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by klaybus

Clay
Good to hear. I just bought chrome Heritage bars for a winter mod for my 06 RKC. They no longer have a "heritage style" bar for the older bikes, just the newer TBW bars that would work for the older bikes. I opted to just get the chrome replacement for the original stainless stock heritage bars, part #56623-99. Hope I like mine like you do yours.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:16 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

the ones in the plastic are the Heritage bars..........56569-09?

Old 11-06-2011, 04:44 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Troubleman
Which ones are which?
The Softail Heritage bars are the ones still in the plastic. On the RK Heritage style bars you'll notice the goofy angle on the ends of the bars. That's the part that hurt my wrist. The Softail Heritage bars are HD Part #56569-09 for the 09-11 Heritage Softail. These do require some modding for the tbw but it's pretty simple & well worth the extra work.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:45 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by bklynbob
the ones in the plastic are the Heritage bars..........56569-09?
Yes sir!

Old 11-06-2011, 05:34 PM
05FLHTC
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good, great replacement choice & easy to install. I have a set on my 1995 FXD love em. Enjoy!

Old 11-06-2011, 06:47 PM
VinnyM
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What did you have to do to the TBW?

Old 11-06-2011, 09:32 PM
humboldtsgt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far these heritage softtail bars are the best mod for me so far. Someday I will go the 12 or 14 inch wild one route but for the cost these have been the ticket. The modification took my friend about 30 minutes as he was going slow so as not to screw it up although he did break a bit on his lathe. Had to ditch the clutch cable guide to create enough slack but all is good. I liked the heritage style bars but the wrist angle on these is a lot better IMHO.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:57 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mohawkpan
What did you have to do to the TBW?
For the tbw you have to do the following.

a) Cut (3) notches in the end of the right handlebar for the tbw assemble to attach into the bars.

b) You have to drill a hole in the bottom of the bars to create a means of getting the tbw out of the bars.

It's a simple mod & you can use your stock bars as a template to see what you need. Very simple mod & I believe Zanottis list the bars for like $51 + shipping....Unless your wanting beach bars or Wild One Apes, for under $70 & 30 minutes of labor you can't go wrong. BTW, these are the equivalent of baby apes with around 13" of rise.

Quick Reply: Roadking Heritage "Style" bars vs Heritage Bars