Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Big mistake (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/317838-big-mistake.html)

mtnbikerx 02-15-2009 05:45 PM

Big mistake

Three weeks ago, in a blizzard, I walked into my buddie's HD dealership and threw down on an 09 SG. Then in a fit of personalization I checked off nearly everything black available in the catalog. In the course of a week all the do-dads had arrived and the techs had my bike finished.

Now I've had a half dozen bikes in my six decades on this earth and bought all of them used. None of them, not one of them, have excited me like this Harley. I can't stop thinkin about riding this thing. I even went out today and chipped the frickin ice out of our driveway so I might be able to bring it home soon.

I WANNA RIDE DAMMIT - AAAARRRGHH!

jimmything 02-15-2009 05:53 PM

Pray to the Sun god Ra....:D Damn the groundhog...

fathertime 02-15-2009 05:54 PM

new scoot

1 Attachment(s)
AWESOME!!.. no mistake there..we wait impatiently for pics...and spring...same crap here in b.c...never ending winter it seems

Old Bones 02-15-2009 05:54 PM

I don't blame you. I have taken a few short rides this week. Couldn't wait to try out the new bars.

PnDegc 02-15-2009 06:08 PM

I went out for a couple of hours today -what's the problem?.........Oh wait.....I see it now......you are UP NORTH.............Man, I have got to Stop doing this. I hate it for ya'll, I really do.

mtnbikerx 02-15-2009 06:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fathertime: Posted before but we all enjoy pics!

mtnbikerx 02-15-2009 06:25 PM

The rest of the story

My business partner and I have said for years we should buy a couple of Harleys. Many of our customers have bikes and are always inviting us on rides. I had a bike but he has never ridden. So during the blizzard here a couple of weeks ago, during a break in plowing, I drove to the dealer and picked out a bike and wrote a check for the downpayment. Then I went back to the office and told my partner, "I'm calling you out bitch" LOL, he's my best bud too. Told him that I bought my bike now it's his turn. Well, now it gets good. He went over and picked out a Road King Classic in Teal and Creme with whitewalls and all. That Saturday he took his wife over to show it to her and she said, "I'm not riding behind you all the time I want my own." So she got a matching Softail! But it gets better, when my buddie's sister came over to the dealer later in the day to see the bikes, she decided to buy a softail too!

Needless to say I ground the dealer for a little better deal after selling three additional bikes for him.

StreetGlideMedic 02-15-2009 09:56 PM

Soon enough you'll be on the road brother! I have more appreciative weather here in NC. But I've lived in your climates...so I understand! Blackout is popular where up in Ft Laudedale! Good luck and ride safe! Mike

tima 02-15-2009 10:21 PM

We all feel your pain, we need sun,......and warmth!

HHI Dave 02-15-2009 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by mtnbikerx (Post 4558935)
My business partner and I have said for years we should buy a couple of Harleys. Many of our customers have bikes and are always inviting us on rides. I had a bike but he has never ridden. So during the blizzard here a couple of weeks ago, during a break in plowing, I drove to the dealer and picked out a bike and wrote a check for the downpayment. Then I went back to the office and told my partner, "I'm calling you out bitch" LOL, he's my best bud too. Told him that I bought my bike now it's his turn. Well, now it gets good. He went over and picked out a Road King Classic in Teal and Creme with whitewalls and all. That Saturday he took his wife over to show it to her and she said, "I'm not riding behind you all the time I want my own." So she got a matching Softail! But it gets better, when my buddie's sister came over to the dealer later in the day to see the bikes, she decided to buy a softail too!

Needless to say I ground the dealer for a little better deal after selling three additional bikes for him.

Who says the economy is in the shytter? :D

Oh, and I hope all these first-timers are springing for the MSF course. The life they save may be their own. ;)