Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 FLHX rear fender on my 08 FLHX for the 180 install

Old 02-26-2009, 08:40 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

who made the led lights for the filler panel?

Old 02-26-2009, 08:57 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry L
Hurry up and get the parts painted so we can see more pics!
Jerry

LOL.....ME ! LOL, I know you are doing some mods too bro! Where are your pictures?, LOL. Jerry already has his 180 done.....including paint : )

Guys.... Thanks for the comments. This project started before Thanksgiving....its been a bit of a challange to do. I * think * I am on the down side...thats good because winter is almost over here. I need to spend more time on it. I have a front wheel that is not even started. Guys check out the start of this 180 deal on my previous post.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts

[QUOTE=timberland;4621139]LOL.....ME ! LOL, I know you are doing some mods too bro! Where are your pictures?, LOL. Jerry already has his 180 done.....including paint : )
QUOTE]

Yah, just giving ya a hard time. It takes time, don't it? I should have mine back pretty soon. Then you can prod me for pics, right?
Jerry

Old 02-26-2009, 09:01 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time

Originally Posted by leohd
who made the led lights for the filler panel?

Guessin' some 8 year old in China made the lights. He / She did a damn fine job too, LOL. Seroiusly, I bought them on ebay from a street rod shop in NC. search "street rod LED tail lights " if you cant find them pm me I'll look it up. Cost about $80 a pair. Beats HD's SERG lights at $127 each!

Old 02-26-2009, 09:09 PM
timberland
Road Master

Jerry, I am funnin' ya too..... I am somewhat glad winter has been long. Made me take my time....maybe tooooo much time. Then work, thankfully, verses whats going on in our state, got in the way. But I am hussling now to get the thing done.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:36 PM
brnew
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice timberland, I have been asking around shops and no one seems to want to tackle that job. That is schweeeeeeet. I was looking to add the 09 fender 0n my 08 with the stretched bags. From Thanksgiving til now, I see why they are hesitant LoL !. Anyway will be loooking for the finished product.

Originally Posted by timberland
Thought I would share my reworked 09 FLHX fender and facia on my 08 FLHX. The LED's in the facia are stop-turn/running and the curved licence plate is a Kury piece for a multi fit..its also a LED. A little paint and the rear is done. I did this to install a 180 tire on my 08 SG. Now to the front to machine the front wheel blank....and a fender mod too.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Lucky 13
Road Master

Nice work. Whats the investment?

Old 02-26-2009, 11:15 PM
youngrider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Wow that is awesome! Good work...I would also like to see the finished product

Old 02-26-2009, 11:54 PM
cgonzgo
Tourer

Looks great, but I must ask if you had to leave the grab bar on for a reason? Throws the flow of the smooth, wide look for me. Dig the lights!

Old 02-27-2009, 05:42 AM
timberland
Road Master

I haven't totaled a number for the cost for the mod. I did place my takeoffs on ebay and sold the facia for three times what a new unpainted one cost...had lots of bidders too. Got me to thinking of ordering 10 unpainted facias and painting them black and posting for $125. Sold the turn signals for two times what my LED's cost. First guess, I have only the cost of a 09 fender about $200 delivered from Zanotti's.

The fender didn't take from Thanksgiving....the whole project, new wheel blank, hubs and widening the stock fender to fit a Metzeler...but not enough for the Dunlop. Thats when I decided to take a trip to the HD shop with a tape measure. The 09 fender took about 8 hours start to finish as you see it. My thought was if I screw it up they sell more of them everyday.

The hoop, grab bar ..... I was back and forth as what to do with it. First, the struts attach to it. I've seen some that cut off the hoop and placed caps, lights and all. Didn't matter to me either way so I left it. ...Besides how would I tell mine from a 09 if I cut it off ?, LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 09 FLHX rear fender on my 08 FLHX for the 180 install