Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Jet power commander vs Race Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:48 PM
WensGlide
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Dyno Jet power commander vs Race Tuner

I have an 06 Street Glide. bought a power commander for it and wa told it is not a good idea to put it on. Not a good product. I was told to go with a Screamin Eagle Race Tuner. WIll someone help me please. I am confused. I now have a Dyno Jet power commander brand new in the box and am not sure if I should use it or not.
I have an 06 street glide with true duals and hi flow

Old 02-27-2009, 06:57 PM
scooter_trash_1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Use it! You wont be disappointed...awsome product, am using the V model on my 09SG and couldnt be happier..Its a great deal better than the generic factory download. One of our sponsors here on the touring forum sells the product; I bought thru him...the map is spot on...Fuelmoto- Jamie...He's the best!...good luck, Scooter

Old 02-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain

There are many using both very successfully, I am using a PCIII on my 07 EGC and so far am extremely happy with it. I have heard of people having issues with both. As long as you have a good map, or tune to get the good map you should be happy.

I say use it and ride the heck out of it...

+1 for the support from FuelMOTO

Old 02-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Conehead
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my Fuelmoto PC V!! Put it on you will love it.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Taylorized
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have both on my bike Pick one or the other not both lol The race tuner you can adjust your rev limiter. The PCIII you adjust for many setups if you change stuff. Pick wise for you and your setup with future plans in mind. Good luck

Old 02-27-2009, 09:34 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

You'll be just fine with the PC III. IMHO you'll be better off because if you ever change anything else all you have to do is get a new map and won't necessarily have to pay to get it dyno tuned. There are those out there that believe strongly for or against both of the units you have mentioned...but fact is they both work just fine. You already have the PC III, plug it in and use it. Don't know if you bought it from Fuel Moto or not...if you did, then you can get great maps from Jamie. If not, there are tons of maps on the www.powercommander.com website. Just pick the one that most closely matches you application and load it up and go.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 309 Likes on 181 Posts

You'll read of 20 arguments for it and the same against it. A close friend and engine builder whose being doing it for 30 plus years and built my RG engine and will do the engine work on my EG Classic told me Power Commander when I asked which way I should go. Knowing him as I do and the trust I have in him, that was enough for me. I bought mine from Fuel Moto and Jamie loaded up a map for me and excellent service!

Old 02-28-2009, 12:38 AM
WensGlide
6th Gear
Smile Thanks

Thanks to all of you. I will keep it and I will put it on myself. Thanks again..
I am Wendy by the way and again thanks for your help

Old 02-28-2009, 12:46 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Very Happy with my Power Commander III will always be conflicts of opinion whether be tuners, cams, oil, even spark plugs .. Have Dyno's to show very pleased with my PCIII

Old 02-28-2009, 01:01 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice to meet you Wendy, its like oil and anything else you ask about everyone has opinions look at it this way if they were that bad and didn't work they wouldn't be in buisness.

Many including myself have power commanders and running fine.

Quick Reply: Dyno Jet power commander vs Race Tuner