Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'09 CVO RG - Opinions

Old 02-04-2009, 07:32 AM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09 CVO RG - Opinions

I'm seriously considering trading my '08 RKC on a CVO RG. Before I drop that kind of $ I'd like to know what kind of experience people have had with their bikes. I'd like to know the pro and cons; your likes and dislikes and whether or not you'd buy it again.

Your help will be sincerely appreciated.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:12 AM
GreenRK
Cruiser

I was thinking the same thing myself until reading about all the issues with the 110 engine.

The SERG is killer looking.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:36 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't know I could or would drop that much dough for a bike we all know is over-priced (gimme a break) and has a questionable motor in it. It looks good, thats for sure but at that price I want it to last a long time problem free too...

Old 02-04-2009, 08:42 AM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain

It is pricey but if you were to add that much chrome and build the motor, eg a stage 2 you'd almost be there anyway. I thought the engine issues with the 110 were pretty much fixed. I talked to a buddy with an '08 SERK who told me his engine is great.

I'm not trying to convince myself, just trying to look at all the options. I thought I was happy with the RKC but found I was wrong, I should have bought the SG I was looking at instead. Now after all I've read I'm leaning towards the RG. The nice part is that I have two harleys and am not in a hurry.

Thanks for your input. By the way, your bike looks great.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:48 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Mine?? Thanks!

Also, the "paint" on the CVOs is worth allot all by itself. If they were about $5-7G less expensive, I myself would probably be on one because once you see one on the showroom floor, you definitely "want it"...

Old 02-04-2009, 09:04 AM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I luv the 09 CVO RG...would I buy a new one...NO!

I will wait a few years when I can find a used one for a decent price.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:39 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

it's a great deal if you can find one at MSRP--which I think if you seached and excercised a little patience you get one at MSRP.

The 110 motor issues have been addressed; don't think you will have a problem with it.

One thing is certain you will not have a problem locating your bike in a crowded lot

RGs are great bikes--have you considered a 09 that at most places you get below msrp and customizing it yourself? Including aftermarket motor work you will still be less than SERG price.

Last edited by lkr0; 02-04-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:46 AM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain

I've found an orange and black SERG that I can buy at MSRP and am chomping at the bit to bring it home. I even dreamed about it last night, it must be seriously on my mind!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:01 AM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

I saw the silver SERG at New Bern Haley last night. That is a SWEET lookin scoot!

I also noticed that about 1/4 of their inventory is SE models and I don't think one has moved in quite a while. If anyone is looking for one close by you might try them...may get a deal. Maybe not though as they don't offer many deals on parts/apparel.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Rottiman
Road Captain
Location: Ontario, Canada home of the TAX YOU TO DEATH LIBERALS

Originally Posted by jamesrgarner
I've found an orange and black SERG that I can buy at MSRP and am chomping at the bit to bring it home. I even dreamed about it last night, it must be seriously on my mind!
go for it Brother, you only live once. If I had the $$$ I would definitely do it myself. Once you take a trip on one of these Ugly Bast_ _ d RG's you will want to be on the DARK side too. Good Luck..........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '09 CVO RG - Opinions