Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Vance & Hines Pro Pipe Hi-Output

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I do not open the boxes the exhaust are in just to look at them. Drew
Like I said I wasn't trying to hassle you. I heard those pipes originally came without heat shields and radiated a lot of heat. I am curious as to whether they come with heat shields now. Thanks for the clarification. I have a hot little 95" Fat Boy as well as my bagger, and am exploring options for a 2 into 1 exhaust that won't easily drag in the twisties. I'm leaning toward either a Supertrapp or a D&D Low Cat, but have always liked V&H quality. Again, thanks for all your input to this forum.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:17 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i'm using the new stepped version of the vance&hines 2 into 1 pro pipe, and i must say that i've never, never been as impressed with fit, finish, the chrome is abolutely perfect, and the sound from my 103" with the 10.5 pop ups with the .579" lift cams. the word awesome doesn't begin to describe. she's got an incredible howl that just sorta touches the soul. am i impressed with the new vance& hines? hell yes i am. the system was substantially cheaper than the fatcats or thunderheader, but it's got the very long primary tubes that promote great low end torque. this is the first 2 into 1 i've used, and i'm extremely happy with it.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:22 AM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperAir
funny you should mention the heat. I installed one on a FLHX a few weeks ago and the kid called today looking for wrap.He was riding it last weekend and caught his pants on fire.
If anyone is looking for one of these and has not seen one,they look very racey/ unfinished (at least the black one does) Doesn't come w/ heatshields either.
Thats funny as Hell, Ive been running a Road Rage for over two years with out heat shields never caught my pants on fire though.

Ive installed 2 of the HO pro pipes, I didnt notice any more heat than any other pipe with or with out shields.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:29 PM
SethLee11
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pics

Pics are on the way! I'd rather ride it than take pics of it! I've managed to get her pretty dirty but she will be shined up tonight. I'll take pics tonight. Seriously, she is a beast. By far the meanest sounding exhaust i've ever heard. Peoples heads turn and you can read the "what the hell" expression on their face. I haven't gotten into the cams at all yet obviously. I got up on the interstate and shifted into 5th going 80... not pushing her at all, no need for 6th gear! Beast.

-Seth

Old 03-25-2010, 04:21 PM
bubbleb
Advanced

Originally Posted by workformetoo
Went to the dealer Sunday looking at pipes. Parts manager took me to the sevice dept (since that dept was closeed) and got to listen to 4 different pipes. The D&D 2 in to 1 sounded the best. (awsome)

http://www.danddexhaust.com/
RUSH's 2into1 puts out virtually the same exact numbers as the d&d's. the is a thread on here with dyno charts, just search for it. Same performance and $300.00 cheaper!!!!!!

Old 03-25-2010, 10:12 PM
harleybill2008
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My buddy put on a set down in Daytona. Swapped out his Monster Ovals for the new HO's. These look and sound better to me than the ovals so I think they are a great choice and worth waiting for. Video is sideways but you can still get the drift of the looks and sound. These were one of the first pairs sold so at the moment he is fairly unique.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYT6a8VZsMk

Attached Thumbnails New Vance & Hines Pro Pipe Hi-Output-100_1719.jpg   New Vance & Hines Pro Pipe Hi-Output-100_1720.jpg   New Vance & Hines Pro Pipe Hi-Output-100_1721.jpg  

Last edited by harleybill2008; 03-25-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain

Ok, I'm confused here. I went on V&H's site and I didn't see any new"er" version of the Hi-Output slip-ons, or any other pipe that I hadn't there on the site for a little while now. Could I be missing something? Of course.

However, are we talking about these.........................??

If so, they are the Hi-Output's, but if there's something even newer, I just didn't catch it on the site. BTW, got ALL my exhausts from Dr. V-Twin. Good guys there.

Attached Thumbnails New Vance & Hines Pro Pipe Hi-Output-dscn1023.jpg   New Vance & Hines Pro Pipe Hi-Output-dscn0969.jpg   New Vance & Hines Pro Pipe Hi-Output-dscn0994.jpg  
Old 03-26-2010, 08:19 AM
harleybill2008
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Butcher
Ok, I'm confused here. I went on V&H's site and I didn't see any new"er" version of the Hi-Output slip-ons, or any other pipe that I hadn't there on the site for a little while now. Could I be missing something? Of course.

However, are we talking about these.........................??

If so, they are the Hi-Output's, but if there's something even newer, I just didn't catch it on the site. BTW, got ALL my exhausts from Dr. V-Twin. Good guys there.
These do look similar but other than the chrome vs black, I think the baffles are different and V&H said the ones on my buddy were one of the first pairs on any bike. At least people can compare the two since we were the last 2 posts.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:32 PM
SethLee11
Cruiser
Default Tha beast

Here she is, I like her

Attached Thumbnails New Vance & Hines Pro Pipe Hi-Output-heidi1.jpg   New Vance & Hines Pro Pipe Hi-Output-heidi2.jpg   New Vance & Hines Pro Pipe Hi-Output-heidi3.jpg   New Vance & Hines Pro Pipe Hi-Output-heidi5.jpg   New Vance & Hines Pro Pipe Hi-Output-heidi4.jpg  

Old 03-27-2010, 08:21 PM
mx110
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the new vance@hines hi output pipe with tts tuner on2010 streetglid all i can say is awsum cant wait to get on dyno

Quick Reply: New Vance & Hines Pro Pipe Hi-Output